finch!

Owlet

Oct 27, 2016
Colorado
Parrots
Lincoln (Eclectus), Apollo (Cockatiel), Aster (GCC)
So, my store is currently hand raising a little baby finch and I LOVE it.

20190331_123630.jpg

Usually it's more fluffy but I had just finished cleaning some formula off it's face with some warm water.

20190331_125332.jpg

it kept falling asleep in my hand

SilverSage

Sep 14, 2013
Columbus, GA
Parrots
Eclectus, CAG, BH Pionus, MaximilianÒ€ℒs Pionus, Quakers, Indian Ringnecks, Green Cheeked Conures, Black Capped Conures, Cockatiels, Lovebirds, Budgies, Canaries, Diamond Doves, Zebra Finches, Society F
Oh my goooooooossshhhhh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SilverSage

Sep 14, 2013
Columbus, GA
Parrots
Eclectus, CAG, BH Pionus, MaximilianÒ€ℒs Pionus, Quakers, Indian Ringnecks, Green Cheeked Conures, Black Capped Conures, Cockatiels, Lovebirds, Budgies, Canaries, Diamond Doves, Zebra Finches, Society F
Absolutely adorable!!! I’ve never seen a hand-raised/tame finch before!

Me either!! I’m dying right now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month πŸ†
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 38-year-old Patagonian Conure
Ay ay ayyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

I had some experience with finger-tame canaries back in the day. There's NOTHING like a teeny-weeny finchie perching/relaxing/sleeping in your grasp!

I am so envious!

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
At the pet shop Amy and I visit they always have an assortment of little Zebra finches flitting about in an enclosure. I have always wondered if they could become "companion" birdies. Tiny little creatures. If I can ask,how did this little fluffball find his/her way to you? Looks like he/she likes the warmth of your hand!

Jim

OP
Owlet

Owlet

Oct 27, 2016
Colorado
Parrots
Lincoln (Eclectus), Apollo (Cockatiel), Aster (GCC)
At the pet shop Amy and I visit they always have an assortment of little Zebra finches flitting about in an enclosure. I have always wondered if they could become "companion" birdies. Tiny little creatures. If I can ask,how did this little fluffball find his/her way to you? Looks like he/she likes the warmth of your hand!

Jim

TBH I'm not really sure. I think they might have either been from a hobbyist breeder or someone's finches had some babies they didn't want. As far as I'm aware my store doesn't have any finch breeding pairs... we don't have any at my location at least but I'm not sure about the other location. I'll have to ask next time I'm in. And the babies name is Kronk! There use to be a second name Ezma I think but apparently she didn't make it. We aren't sure why yet. Kronk seems to be doing okay though.

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
I adore tame baby finches! I have several finch breeder friends who have had to raise a chick because the parents wouldn't. One of them had a baby Lady Gouldian who he could call and the finch would fly to him, it was precious!

Most Reactions