Finches & Conures

DeSoto

Aug 15, 2021
Parrots
Conure
I have a five month old Green Cheek named Desoto, and I work so heā€™s sometimes alone for a few hours and all he does is squaw and call out. Heā€™s calling out for attention because he doesnā€™t want to be alone which breaks my heart. Iā€™m never gone for long, but he just doesnā€™t like being alone. Music helps a bit, and I want to do better. I was thinking about another bird but I donā€™t want another conure, and I donā€™t want a budgerigar, but I was wondering if a finch or two, in another cage, would be good company for him?

TikiTheConure

Oct 15, 2022
Media
Parrots
Tiki the green cheek conure (pineapple red factor)
I was wondering the same thing. Mine is very attached to me (I got him 2 months ago and he's a year old). He is squaking right now because I had to go outside for a minute but it's too cold for him. If he's not sleeping then he's with me the other 13 hours of the day. I want to get him a IRN friend but not sure how that'd work out. Separate cages of course.

OP
DeSoto

DeSoto

Aug 15, 2021
Parrots
Conure
I was wondering the same thing. Mine is very attached to me (I got him 2 months ago and he's a year old). He is squaking right now because I had to go outside for a minute but it's too cold for him. If he's not sleeping then he's with me the other 13 hours of the day. I want to get him a IRN friend but not sure how that'd work out. Separate cages of course.
Iā€™d think parrots near parrots in separate cages would keep each other company
Iā€™m not a pro by any means tho Iā€™m a noob lol
I was wondering if conures and finches
would just be like ā€œWhatā€™s thatā€ rather than another bird friend lol

TikiTheConure

Oct 15, 2022
Media
Parrots
Tiki the green cheek conure (pineapple red factor)
Iā€™d think parrots near parrots in separate cages would keep each other company
Iā€™m not a pro by any means tho Iā€™m a noob lol
I was wondering if conures and finches
would just be like ā€œWhatā€™s thatā€ rather than another bird friend lol
Birds talk in their own language to eachother that we don't seem to understand so I don't see any harm in getting him some buddies. I am highly considering a second bird just not another conure lol. I just hope it doesn't ruin the bond with my conure.

OP
DeSoto

DeSoto

Aug 15, 2021
Parrots
Conure
Birds talk in their own language to eachother that we don't seem to understand so I don't see any harm in getting him some buddies. I am highly considering a second bird just not another conure lol. I just hope it doesn't ruin the bond with my conure.
Same thatā€™s partly why I wanted finches bc finches donā€™t bond with people and theyā€™re not as smart as conures no offense to finches lol

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
My Quaker and conure always thought the big flight cage full of finches was really neat! And I did too. It was like a bird soap opera, and I didnā€™t need to play with the finches.

I can tell you that a girl parrot can get verklemt listening to baby finches peeping. If you have a female bird that gets broody or eggy you want to avoid that.

I thought it was a lot of fun and my parrots were captivated by the little guys!

OP
DeSoto

DeSoto

Aug 15, 2021
Parrots
Conure
My Quaker and conure always thought the big flight cage full of finches was really neat! And I did too. It was like a bird soap opera, and I didnā€™t need to play with the finches.

I can tell you that a girl parrot can get verklemt listening to baby finches peeping. If you have a female bird that gets broody or eggy you want to avoid that.

I thought it was a lot of fun and my parrots were captivated by the little guys!
Sweeet!!! Thatā€™s what I wanted to hear!!! Theyā€™re so interesting and theyre not loud but they sing beautifully and I loved the fact I didnā€™t have to play with them or get them out of the cage. Looks like finches it is :)

Kriss

Oct 7, 2022
Los Angeles
Parrots
Lorie
I have a five month old Green Cheek named Desoto, and I work so heā€™s sometimes alone for a few hours and all he does is squaw and call out. Heā€™s calling out for attention because he doesnā€™t want to be alone which breaks my heart. Iā€™m never gone for long, but he just doesnā€™t like being alone. Music helps a bit, and I want to do better. I was thinking about another bird but I donā€™t want another conure, and I donā€™t want a budgerigar, but I was wondering if a finch or two, in another cage, would be good on shoulders
I have a five month old Green Cheek named Desoto, and I work so heā€™s sometimes alone for a few hours and all he does is squaw and call out. Heā€™s calling out for attention because he doesnā€™t want to be alone which breaks my heart. Iā€™m never gone for long, but he just doesnā€™t like being alone. Music helps a bit, and I want to do better. I was thinking about another bird but I donā€™t want another conure, and I donā€™t want a budgerigar, but I was wondering if a finch or two, in another cage, would be good company for him?
I usually trained parrot that feel alone to be on my shoulders . That is another way of reducing their level of depression .

Most Reactions

Latest posts