Finding a new mate

Kamyar

Mar 31, 2023
I have an gray african and I recently but him a new widow female gray but unfortunately they do not bound and mate.
My question is:
If an gray african lose her or his partner/ peer, can he or she starts a new relationship?

Cottonoid

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 20, 2022
Welcome to the forums!

From what I've seen at a parrot sanctuary where I volunteer, there's no guarantee they'll want a new mate any time soon. Several of the birds have never bonded that way with another parrot there, and others have picked totally different species to pair with. But I think they do still benefit from having another bird around, even if they aren't best friends.

OP
K

Kamyar

Mar 31, 2023
Welcome to the forums!

From what I've seen at a parrot sanctuary where I volunteer, there's no guarantee they'll want a new mate any time soon. Several of the birds have never bonded that way with another parrot there, and others have picked totally different species to pair with. But I think they do still benefit from having another bird around, even if they aren't best friends.
Thank you so much for replying.
So is it better to keep both of them? Is there any chance for them to mate and stay together? Sometimes they luck their beaks to each other but it does not seem friendly!!

Most Reactions