Flatbird needs a chestpad.

bug_n_flock

Jan 2, 2018
Isolated Holler in the Appalachian Wilderness
Parrots
B&G Macaw, Galah, 5 cockatiels, 50 billion and a half budgies. We breed and do rescue. Too many to list each individual's name and age etc, but they are each individuals and loved dearly.
As you may or may not know, one of our birds is special needs. She has severe splay leg and cannot walk normally. She still gets around alright and is a happy, sassy, mischevious, bold budgie. Today I noticed her feathers on her breast are getting kind of ratty(probably from friction as she waddles around). Any ideas for making or buying some sort of chest padding for my gal? Bonus points if it catches her droppings, since she loves to try and poop down the inside of my shirt during the day as we are out doing things. 😂

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Well, there are birdy diapers out there, although its been a while since I have seen them. Slight extension to the front /top could be what you are looking for.
Some flight suits included the diaper.

OP
bug_n_flock

bug_n_flock

Jan 2, 2018
Isolated Holler in the Appalachian Wilderness
Parrots
B&G Macaw, Galah, 5 cockatiels, 50 billion and a half budgies. We breed and do rescue. Too many to list each individual's name and age etc, but they are each individuals and loved dearly.
That website is adorable. Any experience with using those with budgies, though? Their size chart says the smallest size would work for her, but I am cautious since she is just so teeny tiny. Budgies are so freaking *cute* but that poses some challenges. They can play with small delicate things more safely, but good luck finding a harness the right size and weight, and good luck with medical stuff, and they can get into ALL KINDS of micro-sized mischief that, despite the size modifier's implications to the contrary, can be quite troublesome.

Inger

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Mar 20, 2017
Everett, WA
Parrots
Bumble - Pacific (or Celestial) Parrotlet hatched 02/19/17
I have one for Bumble (parrotlet, so technically even smaller than a budgie). It's a tiny bit on the large side, and I'm not crazy about the shoulder straps, which are made from VERY thin elastic. Seems like a couple of good nibbles would take care of them once and for all.

Most Reactions

Latest posts