Flightless again

DRB

Jan 23, 2016
Ohio
Parrots
Perjo - Female CAG hatch Nov 2015
For the second time in about 25 mos my baby had an extreme molt and a day or night fright causing her to lose too many feathers at one time. I hate when she’s like this because she loves to fly and she doesn’t realize she can’t fly right now so it’s a bit dangerous. Hopefully it only lasts for a couple weeks.

Last edited:

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Hope Perjo's epic moult results in the most beautiful feathers ever, and resumption of flying abilities!

OP
DRB

DRB

Jan 23, 2016
Ohio
Parrots
This really sucks. She doesn’t realize she can’t fly and she tries to take off and it’s ugly. Have to leave her caged up 95% of the day when she’s usually out of the cage 60% or the day.
She’s very vocal so that makes me feel better and she’s active in the cage and up and climbing around early each day.

OP
DRB

DRB

Jan 23, 2016
Ohio
Parrots
Well maybe a sign you truly have a happy content parrot is their emotions and behaviors while dealing with adversity? Perjo is very happy and very vocal through this first few weeks of being unable to fly around when she wants. She’s been caged up 95% of her waking hours this whole time and she doesn’t appear to be upset or take it out on me. Hopefully she can fly by the time her hatch day comes around in November.

Most Reactions