eliholtman

Sep 13, 2017
Cincinnati
Parrots
Kiwi the 'keet
Yako the 'keet
What types of different species of birds do well towhee I'm not talking same cages but just being out of their cages? Do parakeets parrotlets and love birds do well together? Are Indian ringnecks okay to have with other birds
Thanks in advance

itchyfeet

Nov 1, 2014
Middle Earth
Parrots
Ethyl the cockatiel, Henry & Clarke the IRN's, and Skittles the lovebird (my daughters)
Hi :)
What context where you thinking of applying it to? Are you looking at a new feathered friend for yourself?
I have success with two IRN's, a cockatiel and a lovebird. It took training, time, and careful management - still does!
It depends completely on the individudal parrots and their life stories, the setup you have, and yourself and your experience, mannerisms etc.
Personally - we won't be having any other parrots for a very, very long time (Remind me I said that next time I feel sorry for one listed, won't you team!) I know we are lucky to have the dynamic we do. If we did add to the flock, it certainly wouldn't be bigger than an IRN.

Last edited:
OP
eliholtman

eliholtman

Sep 13, 2017
Cincinnati
Parrots
Kiwi the 'keet
Yako the 'keet
Hi :)
What context where you thinking of applying it to? Are you looking at a new feathred friend for yourself?
I have success with two IRN's, a cockatiel and a lovebird. It took training, time, and careful management - still does!
It depends completely on the individudal parrots and their life stories, the setup you have, and yourself and your experience, mannerisms etc.
Personally - we won't be having any other parrots for a very, very long time (Remind me I said that next time I feel sorry for one listed, won't you team!) I know we are lucky to have the dynamic we do. If we did add to the flock, it certainly wouldn't be bigger than an IRN.

Yeah just adding I probably won't get an IRN anytime soon but just making sure there won't be any problems thanks for the Input

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

itchyfeet

Nov 1, 2014
Middle Earth
Parrots
Ethyl the cockatiel, Henry & Clarke the IRN's, and Skittles the lovebird (my daughters)
Fair enough :)
You never really know. If you decide on more than one, then for it to be a success you need to be sure you have double of everything you need (two cages etc) and then double the time to handle and train them. In the worst case scenario, you have to be ready to work with and care for each bird completely independently of one another, without letting it detract from either individual. It's a bit of a mish!

ParrotLover2001

Dec 20, 2016
In my parents house
Parrots
A cockatiel, a bourke, and three budgies
I have had parakeets a lovebird and a cockatiel, my cockatiel and lovebird don't like each other, but my Lovebird has bonded with my parakeet Opal. Opal has been housed with my cockatiel, and is currently housed with my Lovebird.

They do get along, but there is a 50/50 chance. It depends on the bird as an individual. But I bet they would get along if introduced slowly.

Sent from my Galaxy s8

OutlawedSpirit

Apr 12, 2016
Northern Illinois, USA
Parrots
Bo - DYH ~ Gus - CAG ~ Twitch - Linnie ~ Apple - Pineapple GCC ~ Goliath - Quaker ~ Squish - Peach face Lovebird
I have had budgies and parrotlets together, however they were hand fed and raised together so I'm sure that made a huge difference.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

FlyBirdiesFly

Jul 30, 2017
Media
I have a GCC, cockatiel, and budgie. The tiel and conure do not like each other at all but the budgie tries to make friends with my other birds. If you want the two birds to live in the same cage, get two of the same species.

OP
eliholtman

eliholtman

Sep 13, 2017
Cincinnati
Parrots
Kiwi the 'keet
Yako the 'keet
I have a GCC, cockatiel, and budgie. The tiel and conure do not like each other at all but the budgie tries to make friends with my other birds. If you want the two birds to live in the same cage, get two of the same species.

I know I would get two different cages

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

Latest posts