Flock update, new additions

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
A crossover Quaker Scuti (F), A Sun conure named AC, A Cinnamon Green Cheek conure Kent, and 6 budgies, Scuti Jr. (f), yellow (m), clark Jr. (m), Dot (f), Zebra(f), Machine (m).
So I know someone that had some budgies and couldn't really take care of them right and asked if I could help them out. They needed money for meds was asking 40 for the 4 budgies, I ended up giving 60 and brought them home.

I re-read reebs awesome sticky post in the budgies board so I just leave them be for now as they acclimate.

Scuti got a bigger cage and I gave Scuti's cage to them and sat it down in the man cave where I hang out.

Before I noticed....Scuti decided to say hi to them about I dunno a week ago. Makes sense because quakers are communal birds. I leave the door open when I'm in the man cave, and sometimes they fly out and hang out on top but they always return inside so it's no big deal to me. Well Scuti wandered into her old cage and basically got along with all of them unlike Clark. I guess no risk of taking human affection away right now...Scuti is like ok these birds are fine.

They are a joy to have and are funny. But having Scuti accept them and hang with them is an unparalleled delight.

Don't feel bad for Clark she loves more alone time with daddy.

Anyways here's some vids.

foxgloveparrot

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Aug 30, 2021
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ziggy, Kai, and Seiji (blue, yellowface, and dilute budgies)
Jasper (yellow-naped amazon)
Lilla (senegal parrot)
Snowberry (yellow-crowned amazon)
Cricket (pacific parrotlet)
Welcome to the flock, beautiful budgies! They'll love spending the rest of their lives with you :)

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
omg!!!!@ 2 more quakers and we are a matched pair!!

Love it! Yiu are now honorary " Crazy Burd Lady" ;) welcome to the club!@

Cutie Scuti, cutie pack of budgies!

Never let budgies land on caged quaker or caged GCC, or they will bite toes and burds, no matter how much they get along.

Budgies think every bird is their freind , and sometimes your quaker or GCC will offer to bure abd drive them away fir space. So keeping the budgies flighted helps prevent a lot if that.

Love tge videos. TA-DAH rules my house and burds as well

OP
clark_conure

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
A crossover Quaker Scuti (F), A Sun conure named AC, A Cinnamon Green Cheek conure Kent, and 6 budgies, Scuti Jr. (f), yellow (m), clark Jr. (m), Dot (f), Zebra(f), Machine (m).
I'm just afraid of this......

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    133.1 KB · Views: 84
OP
clark_conure

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
Since covid. and I can't take birds anywhere like I used to into stores I just left them all flighted ....I live alone so it's fine for now.

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
To be fair its just not our fault that we get to 6 + parrots, for 2 reasons!
So many are getting passed around and need new homes.
Second MBS ( multiple bird syndrome) is contagious and running rampant on the forum.....we never stood a chance!

imouse1

Oct 10, 2021
Media
NM
Parrots
Green Cheek Conure: Sir H. H. Gregg Q. T. Birb, III
Honestly, with seeing the number of people who have quakers with conures, the only companion I would try to give Gregg would be a Quaker. But his name would have to be Oaty Flapjacks. Like, no exception.

OP
clark_conure

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
i'M THINKING IF YOU GET A QUAKER GET MORE QUAKERS OR SOME BUDGIES. I DONT RECCOMEND gcc and a quaker together as they tend to have jealousy issues.

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
my GCC isn't buddies with any if my current quakers. They can be out together but stay very apart, there have been squabbles in the past.

My most treasured MIA Neptune DNA male quaker was best buddies with my GCC

OP
clark_conure

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
clark and scuti just have such big personalities, they can literally suck all the oxygen out of the room. Clark is older and stronger, but scuti is just as determined. They are generally ok around each other but if one gets an idea in their head it can be knock down drag out fight, usually based on jealousy.

Most Reactions