Fly high little yellow sock filled with rocks❤️

Zoruace

Sep 21, 2021
Media
Albums
Im literally sobbing as i write this-
I was just enjoying my day yesterday then my brother calls me and says tiki flew out the window..
Foolish me thought he was joking so i “played along” and said go find her.
7 hours later he tells me that he found her but
She was dead.

I didnt believe him, i didnt want to believe him
Until he sended a photo of tiki lying on the ground.

Tiki was such a great bird and she died all because of me
I was the one suggesting a “fun family vacation” I should’ve stayed with Tiki instead.
Atleast i have a couple of photos and feathers left to remember her by unlike tango (i have a couple of photos)..

𝕾𝖙𝖔𝖗𝖒𝖞𝕻𝖎𝖈𝖆

2x Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
Stormy(M): blue Australian budgie
Picasso(F): green Australian budgie
Apollo(F): sky blue dominant pied Australian budgie
Im literally sobbing as i write this-
I was just enjoying my day yesterday then my brother calls me and says tiki flew out the window..
Foolish me thought he was joking so i “played along” and said go find her.
7 hours later he tells me that he found her but
She was dead.

I didnt believe him, i didnt want to believe him
Until he sended a photo of tiki lying on the ground.

Tiki was such a great bird and she died all because of me
I was the one suggesting a “fun family vacation” I should’ve stayed with Tiki instead.
Atleast i have a couple of photos and feathers left to remember her by unlike tango (i have a couple of photos)..
It's not your fault. You could never have anticipated it, and none of us can see into the future. I know how soul-crushing losing a bird outside can be, I lost Stormy outside last July. He was found alive, by some crazy miracle, but I cried non-stop every day while he was gone.

Godspeed to the Rainbow Bridge, Tiki 💔💛

Cottonoid

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 20, 2022
Oh no!!!! I know I haven't posted much but I've been reading your posts and this news made me cry - I can only imagine how heartbroken you are. I am so so incredibly sorry! I am sending you the biggest hug right now. You are such a good parront and did everything you possibly could to avoid something happening.

Edited to add that one of my favorite stories I've ever read here is of Tiki being scared of feathers and running through the house 💔 Tiki

zERo

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 9, 2021
Media
Texas
Parrots
Tony-Green QP(M)
Tom-Pineapple GCC(M)
Milly- Sparrow (F)
I'm so sorry for your loss! When I read this it made me so sad because I know how much you loved Tiki. It will be hard in the beginning, grief always is, when I lost my little Flakor (budgie) I thought I'd never be happy again, and even though I miss her still I know she's happy in heaven and I know Tiki is too. Again I'm so very sorry

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Oh no, poor Tiki, I’m so sorry to hear this terrible news! What an awful shock – I am heartbroken for you and your special little girl! It’s so hard to lose a feather baby in circumstances like this, but if you try to focus on the good times that you had with her, Tiki will be alive in your heart always. You loved her so very much, and I know that you always will. Sending hugs and strength your way, I’m so awfully sorry for your loss of sweet little Tiki! 🙏💔

BirdyBee

Jan 7, 2022
Media
Albums
South Africa
Parrots
Current birds:
John
Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
I'm so sorry about Tiki! :cry:
I was shocked when I saw you said she passed in the PM..
I know that it's really hard when a bird dies and you think it's your fault.. I blame myself for Grumpy's passing(And no, I'm not saying I know how you feel because everyone deals with these stuff differently)

Rest in peace Tiki, we miss you💔

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 42416

I am so sorry for your loss. Please know that she knew she was loved. I am praying for you…your PF family is praying and grieving with you. Wishing I could ease your pain.

Sending lots of live your way…

Skarila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
2021 Parrot of the Year 🏆
Apr 19, 2021
Media
Albums
Hungary
Parrots
✻Csillam the rescued budgie
✻Pascal the Emma's (Venezuelan) Conure

Previous owned:
✻Archibald the cockatiel (fostered 6 months)
✻RIP - 28 YO Zeleni the mischievous IRN
✻RIP -Sunny the budgie
I'm heartbroken to hear that Tiki has passed away.... May her angel wings carry her weightlessly over the rainbow...

Also don't blame yourself for what happened.

foxgloveparrot

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Aug 30, 2021
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ziggy, Kai, and Seiji (blue, yellowface, and dilute budgies)
Jasper (yellow-naped amazon)
Lilla (senegal parrot)
Snowberry (yellow-crowned amazon)
Cricket (pacific parrotlet)
Oh, Zoe…
Please don’t blame yourself, not your fault at all, and your baby Tikitiel is watching over you and she wouldn’t want to see you cry. She loves you, trust me 🫂
Legends never die ❤️

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
This broke my heart to read, I am so very sorry for your loss. Your love for Tiki was apparent in every word you ever wrote about her. This was absolutely not your fault.
I will always remember your beautiful Tiki, I fell in love with her from your stories and pictures of her. She will always live on in memory here in the forum, and in the hearts of all who knew her and loved her.
I am just so sorry.

Most Reactions

Latest posts