Flynn and the hood fetish!!

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
I was cleaning out the little guys today and as is the norm for them they came out for their out time, before Bucc was out. Even Errol and Flynn, think they were the first outside today. Anyway, I was busy doing the cages, cleaning scrubbing, food water, you name it I did it. When it was time for them to go in I started rounding everyone up did a head count and low and behold one was missing. It was Flynn, I looked everywhere, checked upstairs just in case, but no, nowhere to be seen, then I heard her, just a little squeak, there she was in my fleece jacket hood, she had managed to get herself in and had promptly gone to sleep, :eek: I'll have to start making lists of her hiding places now. Thankfully I didn't put it on when I threw the soiled newspapers away :eek: Got her out and put her back in the cage and she just looked at me then went right back to sleep. And to think that a few months ago I never thought she would ever come out of her cage let alone feel safe enough to fall asleep in my hood. lol. While they do fly around its not for very long, as they are not used to it, and soon start panting and wanting to go in again. As long as they are happy, and from Flynns actions she is more than happy now. lol.

Alison

Jan 19, 2006
Massachusetts
Parrots
B&G Macaw, CAG, Moustache Parrot Quaker, 4 Tiels, 2 Keets
That's great Peta! :) I am so happy that Flynn is coming around so well. Great job on being patient! :D

OP
P

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
There were times there, that I never thought they would ever be happy and trusting. At one point a thought of rehoming, so they would be happy. But the thought of another home for them just didn't seem right. It may have taken a while, and if I had the time again, would I do the same thing, most definately. Looking at them both now and remembering how they were when I first got them it has all be well worth it. They are lovely, friendly little guys, even though they are still a bit scared when out of the cage. But that's okay, they will get there I have no doubt. Thanks for your kind words Alison, they mean an awful lot. Thank you.

Most Reactions

Latest posts