Food… is this ok for my 3.5 mo GCC

Bishrl

Apr 25, 2022
Parrots
GC Yellow Sided Conure
My little 3.5 Mo guy has been on zupreen fruit blend since born but I wanted to try something with more to it. Thought maybe I would give both to him . Not sure if this is ok? Thanks so much for any advice :) u are all so wonderful ❤️
bcaa28a9-ece4-4dff-b217-0b5f469613f1-png.39242

Attachments

• BCAA28A9-ECE4-4DFF-B217-0B5F469613F1.png
    BCAA28A9-ECE4-4DFF-B217-0B5F469613F1.png
    366.1 KB · Views: 136

BirdyBee

Jan 7, 2022
Media
Albums
South Africa
Parrots
Current birds:
John
Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
My little 3.5 Mo guy has been on zupreen fruit blend since born but I wanted to try something with more to it. Thought maybe I would give both to him . Not sure if this is ok? Thanks so much for any advice :) u are all so wonderful ❤️
bcaa28a9-ece4-4dff-b217-0b5f469613f1-png.39242
I have never tried Harrisons, but it's a good brand and a lot of experienced bird owners here use it. :) it's healthier than ZuPreem, that's for sure.

ZuPreem adds a lot of unnecessary flavoring and colouring. Looking at the ingredient list of Harrisons, they do contain some corn, wheat, and soy, but it's organic, and if it's a minor part of the diet(30% or less), it should be fine :)

Alternatively, if he doesn't like this you can also try TOP'S, but Harrisons is more affordable for most people :)

I'd say feeding him mostly fresh food, (veggies, sprouts, etc), and some pellets as an extra. A bit of seed is OK for GCCs, but it should be 15% or less.
Seed is necessary for birds because they have EFAs(essential fatty acids) and other nutrients only found in seed, but seed shouldn't be majority of the diet.

Wow, I just gave you a whole lesson on diet instead of just saying "the pellets are fine"! Wishing you the best of luck with these pellets :)

OP
B

Bishrl

Apr 25, 2022
Parrots
GC Yellow Sided Conure
I have never tried Harrisons, but it's a good brand and a lot of experienced bird owners here use it. :) it's healthier than ZuPreem, that's for sure.

ZuPreem adds a lot of unnecessary flavoring and colouring. Looking at the ingredient list of Harrisons, they do contain some corn, wheat, and soy, but it's organic, and if it's a minor part of the diet(30% or less), it should be fine :)

Alternatively, if he doesn't like this you can also try TOP'S, but Harrisons is more affordable for most people :)

I'd say feeding him mostly fresh food, (veggies, sprouts, etc), and some pellets as an extra. A bit of seed is OK for GCCs, but it should be 15% or less.
Seed is necessary for birds because they have EFAs(essential fatty acids) and other nutrients only found in seed, but seed shouldn't be majority of the diet.

Wow, I just gave you a whole lesson on diet instead of just saying "the pellets are fine"! Wishing you the best of luck with these pellets :)
I'm glad you gave me a lesson :) I need it. thank you so much! So far i offered 1 pellet and they are rock hard. he is NOT a fan lol. Hoping it warms up to it.

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
COARSE Harrison’s food will be really big. You want fine or superfine for a green cheek bonfire, and probably want to start with high potency.

If you already bought the coarse you could smash it up for the tiny bird.

Yes, this is better than fruity zupreem. That stuff makes their poop stain things, too.

Most Reactions

Latest posts