Food stains

biggiecheese

Jan 4, 2023
Parrots
Red Lory (Eos Bornea)
Illiger's Macaw (Ara Maracana)
How do you guys remove nectar stains from several different surfaces? I can normally just scrape it off with a knife or my nails, but there are stains on my wall I want to clean up, and if I just scrape it off with brute force, a piece of the walls painting comes off too. I tried steaming it off but it also made the paint come off.
Any miracle ideas or inventions from other lory owners?

The food in question is a powder mixed with water that has been thrown on the wall and then hardened on there. Adding a photo of the artist of said work :))
2FC97182-52E1-4E9F-815E-53432949C2EB.jpg

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
We dont have a lot of lorikeet owners on here, but we do have SOME. I am sure they will be along soon to offer some advice. Have you tried the Poop-Off product on the stains? No idea of it works on dried nectar but worth a shot. THinking hard on this, I guess the best product would re-hydrate the dried nectar, or at least be absorbed and soften it up, the problem with things I am thinking of would also stain a painted surface. Commercial cleaning solutions like Mr Clean and others might also be worth a try. Let them soak in for awhile, maybe re-wetting the stain a few times.

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
Hard to do on a wall, but I’ve had some luck if I can hold a wet sponge or paper towel to the soiled area until it’s remoistened. Wipe off what you can and repeat until all soil is removed.

The STAIN maybe a whole ‘nother matter.

OP
biggiecheese

biggiecheese

Jan 4, 2023
Parrots
Red Lory (Eos Bornea)
Illiger's Macaw (Ara Maracana)
I'll try with a sponge, maybe it'll help with some agitation. Also ordered that poop-off spray to try. Thanks!!

Icca

Feb 1, 2022
Try wiping it with a little hydrogen peroxide on a cotton ball. Peroxide cleans up alot of organic stains. Not sure about bird safety though so maybe someone eles can weigh in on that

Most Reactions