Food

Kirstyr

Nov 9, 2022
Parrots
Gold and blue macaw
Can anyone recommend the best pellet or seed for my very fussy macaw. Now and again she will eat sweet potato, peppers, banana and cucumber. Apart from that she won't eat any other fresh food

zERo

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 9, 2021
Media
Texas
Parrots
Tony-Green QP(M)
Tom-Pineapple GCC(M)
Milly- Sparrow (F)
Can anyone recommend the best pellet or seed for my very fussy macaw. Now and again she will eat sweet potato, peppers, banana and cucumber. Apart from that she won't eat any other fresh food
The best pellet brand is TOPs since they have no artificial vitamins, minerals, or preservatives, though some parrots find them less than desirable.
Your bird should not just have seed, they need veg, pellets, a few nuts since your bird is a macaw, sprouts, and a little seed here and there.
If your bird absolutely will not eat fresh food I recommend checking out some of the birdie bread recipes on this forum.
A good seed mix brand is Dr. Harveys but they tend to go heavy on fruit so def watch how much fruit comes out of the bag.
TOPs also has a seed mix meant mostly for sprouting, you should look up guides on how to sprout, sprouted seed is much better for your bird than dry seed.

Most Reactions

Latest posts