Foraging sub forum?

chris-md

Feb 6, 2010
Maryland - USA
Parrots
Parker - male Eclectus

Aphrodite - red throated conure (RIP)
Hi everyone!

I wanted to test the waters and see what everyone thought of having a subforum dedicated to everything foraging: foraging ideas, etc. I know we have the diet section, but an argument could be made that foraging is so important and so varied that it could merit its own section.

Or perhaps a stickie within the diet section.

Thoughts?

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
A bird who has to work a bit harder to obtain it’s food is less likely to be engaged in destructive behaviours like feather plucking, so yes I think it would be a great idea to make it a topic or at least a sticky :)

Stitchthestitch

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 9, 2020
Manchester, uk
Parrots
Albie - Pineapple Green Cheek Conure - Hatch date 14 Dec 2019 - Gotcha date - 4 March 2020
I'd love to see something like this too. Especially as some one who is realitivelt new to birds.

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
There is likely Threads in most of the sub-forums that include discussions on Foraging. Having a single place for this subject has merit as it is an elusive subject for longtime owners and new comers as well.

Being a sub-forum, in my mind has merit, as a Sticky in another sub-forum can result in it being difficult to find.

Our Julio is not much into Foraging as he has a limited interest is such things. If it presents more that a quick open process, he simply takes it to the stairway and pushes it off the edge...

Last edited:

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)

Most Reactions

Latest posts