Foraging wheel

Aussie Ben

Jun 8, 2010
Media
South Australia
I know some members on here already have one of these and I am sure they will agree.... that this is one of the best inventions ever LOL. Couple of days ago, I was in a bird shop and stumbled across one. I was going to order one online, but lucky me there was no need :D. Eddie is absolutely obsessed with it. He has other foraging toys and I also make many for him, but he figures them out so quickly and the fun only lasts 5 minutes. He has been at this one for hours and loving it!. I highly recommended this toy and similar sorts of toys! They make your bird 'think' and use its natural intellect :).

ForageWheel03.jpg

foraging_wheel.jpg

Last edited:

Ecclipse

Oct 24, 2009
Southern Africa
Parrots
RIP Hugo (African Brown Headed Parrot) 2 years old, lil Rosie May (Lovebird)
Thanks for the pics Ben, will look for one - Linky if I find one I will let you know and post one for Ster and Mishi :)

OP
A

Aussie Ben

Jun 8, 2010
Media
South Australia
Many places online have them, I know our good friends at thepamperedparrot.com stock them. I wonder if there are smaller ones available somewhere, my tiel would like one i'm sure, but this one is too big for her :(. There were some other smaller foraging toys down at the shop which I was looking at, I will JUST have to go back and check them out again (I love saying hello to all the lovely parrots down there ;))

wildheart

Banned
Banned
Mar 16, 2010
South Africa
I am DEAD SERIOUS when I say that I cant find ANY shops with foraging toys! The overseas ones are not to crazy about posting to SA either.:(

Ben you'll have to post me some.:D

Jess, I HOPE you have more luck than me!;)

OP
A

Aussie Ben

Jun 8, 2010
Media
South Australia
I was actually surprised to find it here, especially the exact one I wanted, right brand and all! I didn't go to this shop looking for it, by chance they had just done up a whole new section and added some new stock, Yippee!!! They do make you empty your wallet for it though :(, but its like that with all birds stuff here, very few places stock bird supplies.

Spiritbird

Banned
Banned
Aug 20, 2009
Media
Rosie loves this one. She tries to hard to get the treats out I think she may get it off the cage at times. I did loose the little screw and went to the hardware store but was told they use a special one in the wheel that cannot be duplicated.

OP
A

Aussie Ben

Jun 8, 2010
Media
South Australia
Rosie loves this one. She tries to hard to get the treats out I think she may get it off the cage at times. I did loose the little screw and went to the hardware store but was told they use a special one in the wheel that cannot be duplicated.

Yea it is a special bolt that they use with a long shank on it and only a tiny bit of thread. I reckon you could easily 'fluff' something to replace it, but might take a little imagination :D.

bobert

Banned
Banned
Sep 6, 2010
NEW YORK
Parrots
7 year old african grey
i dont even have a bird yet and iam like oooohhhhhhhh I NEED ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
Thanks for the pics Ben, will look for one - Linky if I find one I will let you know and post one for Ster and Mishi :)

Gotcha Jess, I know where to get them....... Just ask "bird brain" okay
Will check if they still have stock, and post one to you, and give one to Linky ;)
The one below, keeps Mishi occupied for hours, sometimes I fill it with treats, other times with pieces of cardboard

antoinette-albums-mishka-s-foraging-toys-picture689-besides-being-foraging-toy-i-fill-pieces-cardboard-she-then-attempts-chuck-out.jpg

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
I am DEAD SERIOUS when I say that I cant find ANY shops with foraging toys! The overseas ones are not to crazy about posting to SA either.:(

Linky .........seek and thy shall find

READ ON.............

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old

Ben you'll have to post me some
NO NO NO

Jess, I HOPE you have more luck than me

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old

I also lost the screws SB, the middle screw went missing.
Tried 3 hardware stores Like they say 3rd time lucky

apatrimo94

Jun 15, 2010
Media
Hudson Valley, New York
Parrots
Bartleby-Pearl Cockatiel
S'mores-Albino Parakeet
Wow, that looks sooo much fun!!!! :D Oh not for the birds, for me ;) Beside a little too big for my fids. They'd have a hard time using it unless they make smaller sizes.

wildheart

Banned
Banned
Mar 16, 2010
South Africa
OMG now I have seen it ALL! I've never met a person that can entertain herself as much as what Ant does!
loudlaff.gif

Ok, ok I got it, ANT CAN JESSIE AND I PLEAAAAAASE ALSO HAVE A FORAGING WHEEL.
worship.gif

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
OMG now I have seen it ALL! I've never met a person that can entertain herself as much as what Ant does!
loudlaff.gif

Ok, ok I got it, ANT CAN JESSIE AND I PLEAAAAAASE ALSO HAVE A FORAGING WHEEL.
worship.gif

I was bored and had to entertain myself :rolleyes:

Will check if they have stock and let you know ;)

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
Wow, that looks sooo much fun!!!! :D Oh not for the birds, for me ;) Beside a little too big for my fids. They'd have a hard time using it unless they make smaller sizes.

The only size I have ever seen, is the same size at shown in the pictures
The "Parrot Police" will check it out for you

nofearengineer

Sep 8, 2010
Parrots
Gandalf - CAG (1997-2010) R.I.P. my baby boy.
Bitty - CAG (2 yrs old? and working on spoiling her rotten)
That is great, AB!

I'm with bobert on this one. When I finally find the right CAG again, he is going to have one of these, for sure.

Most Reactions

Latest posts