Found Parrot and I need ur help!

luka112358

Apr 28, 2019
So, today I found parrot in the street which was in very poor condition. I do not know if he is boy or girl, or breed. I think he/she has a disease of beak, I gave him water and food and mineral blocks. თუთიყუში.jpg

chris-md

Feb 6, 2010
Maryland - USA
Parrots
Parker - male Eclectus

Aphrodite - red throated conure (RIP)
Aw thank you for taking this sweet budgie/parakeet in. Feed it lots of fruits and vegetables to help get him better.

Clearly he was someone’s loved family member. I’d would leave some flier up with local vets and Facebook lost parrot groups to find the owner. If you don’t find any takers, you’ve got yourself a new friend!!

After about a month, if you don’t find the family (I say wait a mont because I know I personally don’t want to pay for someone else’s birds pet care. I’d would wait until I can declare the bird mine), first thing you’ve got to do is get this budgie to a certified avian veterinarian. Your average dog/cat veterinarian is not at all capable of treating tropical birds. An avian vet can help with the beak issue.

Make sure you research proper budgie diet. Seed diet off the grocery store shelf is not a good diet and will shorten the birds life.

Keep coming around, we have many budgie owners here who are very generous with their advice and time who are happy to support you while caring for this little birdie.

Someone Here will be able to sex your bird, I know they are dimorphic and you can tell the difference. I just never bothered to learn what the exact differences are, so I have no idea the gender of your bird.

Last edited:

Rozalka

May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Bourke's parrots, green cheeked conure
Someone Here will be able to sex your bird, I know they are dimorphic and you can’t tell the difference. I just never bothered to learn what the exact difference Azar so I have no idea the gender of your bird.
He is a male ;)

texsize

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Oct 23, 2015
Media
so-cal
Parrots
1 YNA (Bingo)
1 OWA (Plumas R.I.P.)
1 RLA (Pacho R.I.P.)
2 GCA(Luna,Merlin) The Twins
1 Congo AG (Bella)
5 Cockatiels
Thanks for taking this little one in.
It would help to know your location to try to find the owner and to locate an avian vet to look into his beak problem.

texsize

noodles123

Jul 11, 2018
Parrots
Umbrella Cockatoo- 15? years old..I think?
Take him to a vet if you can- it could be mites (scaly face).
Either way, a vet is going to be the best bet.
Try parrot 911, facebook etc and thanks for caring!!!

chris-md

Feb 6, 2010
Maryland - USA
Parrots
Parker - male Eclectus

Aphrodite - red throated conure (RIP)
Someone Here will be able to sex your bird, I know they are dimorphic and you can’t tell the difference. I just never bothered to learn what the exact difference Azar so I have no idea the gender of your bird.
He is a male ;)

Omg I just saw how badly my voice to text butchered my post there. Yikes!:)

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Welcome, thanks for caring and rescuing this cute budgie! Are there avian vets in your area, or others with experience treating birds?

Most Reactions