Four Rescued Budgies

inkspider

Jun 8, 2021
st. augustine florida
Parrots
Roman GCC
I recently came into possession of four budgies that needed my help. They were cage bound, kept together in a cage suitable for just two, and fed a sketchy seed mix I did not recognize. It has been two weeks now and they are in pairs of two now and one pair is eating pellets. none are even remotely socialized yet and are terrified of being outside of the cage and of hands. I live in the St. Augustine area of Florida and am willing to drive about three hours to meet up to make the exchange. the only cost would be for the cage that I purchased and if you do not take the cage then there would be no cost, one pair will come with the cage I acquired them in and is entirely free. They can go as all four or in twos. it will be a while because I want to socialize them as much as I can before rehoming them. I would also appreciate any advice on socializing them as I only know how to socialize using treats and positive reinforcement but none of them will accept treats at all.

May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
Stormy(M): blue Australian budgie
Picasso(F): green Australian budgie
Apollo(F): sky blue dominant pied Australian budgie
I recently came into possession of four budgies that needed my help. They were cage bound, kept together in a cage suitable for just two, and fed a sketchy seed mix I did not recognize. It has been two weeks now and they are in pairs of two now and one pair is eating pellets. none are even remotely socialized yet and are terrified of being outside of the cage and of hands. I live in the St. Augustine area of Florida and am willing to drive about three hours to meet up to make the exchange. the only cost would be for the cage that I purchased and if you do not take the cage then there would be no cost, one pair will come with the cage I acquired them in and is entirely free. They can go as all four or in twos. it will be a while because I want to socialize them as much as I can before rehoming them. I would also appreciate any advice on socializing them as I only know how to socialize using treats and positive reinforcement but none of them will accept treats at all.
Here is a vid to help you with taming, it sounds like you're doing pretty well with them. I wish I could get them, but I live in New England.

OP
I

inkspider

Jun 8, 2021
st. augustine florida
Parrots
Roman GCC
Here is a vid to help you with taming, it sounds like you're doing pretty well with them. I wish I could get them, but I live in New Engla
Here is a vid to help you with taming, it sounds like you're doing pretty well with them. I wish I could get them, but I live in New England.
which state? my mum is the one driving for this and she says that we can go up to six hours, if you can meet in the middle we could maybe make it work!

Most Reactions

Latest posts