Fresh new cage setup!

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur momā€™s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
I havenā€™t changed the paper yet but I plan to after math class. Today has gotten off to a rough start but I should be back on track soon. I wonā€™t go into detail but I kinda nuked mine and Ricoā€™s sleep schedule. New day, new slate. Today is gonna be a good day!
BB869E42-F717-4F21-B3A4-9ACAAB2CCD79.jpeg
221D0A16-4795-4ECA-A524-AC1ABD999E7A.jpeg
C2A314E7-5281-4412-8C47-095519EC2AD1.jpeg
5F1192A9-B690-4D34-BB62-9BF5EA034447.jpeg
460A6C0F-B72A-4C5E-8404-C0981D9CF5D9.jpeg
C3932E87-2A4C-4924-8780-247435AD62C9.jpeg
CFAF7F9A-1EED-477F-BE02-FECC04C211BE.jpeg
EB48D79D-4A2C-4B6E-9BF7-2E7F511CA666.jpeg

Itā€™s a beautiful day to be alive!
DDD3B270-9D42-48B7-B736-A76AECBA988A.jpeg

zERo

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 9, 2021
Media
Texas
Parrots
Tony-Green QP(M)
Tom-Pineapple GCC(M)
Milly- Sparrow (F)
I gave my Quaker Tony that round toy from plant pleasures. Been trying to coax him to play with it šŸ˜…
Nice cage setup!
Does Rico use the foraging drawers?
IMG_0155.jpeg

OP
Rico_Tiel

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur momā€™s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
I gave my Quaker Tony that round toy from plant pleasures. Been trying to coax him to play with it šŸ˜…
Nice cage setup!
Does Rico use the foraging drawers?
View attachment 49881
Rico LOVES his wheel! You could wedge some treats in the crevices of the toy to entice him to play with it! That worked with Rico!

Thank you! He thinks the same and utilizes it all rather than 2 perches in his previous setup.

Yup! Itā€™s a bit surprising but he has cracked the code! Since he doesnā€™t get that you have to grab the knobs, he shakes it until a drawer is slightly sticking out, then he bites the edge and pulls it out. I do have to put a lot of seeds in, otherwise he canā€™t reach them ):

zERo

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 9, 2021
Media
Texas
Parrots
Tony-Green QP(M)
Tom-Pineapple GCC(M)
Milly- Sparrow (F)
Rico LOVES his wheel! You could wedge some treats in the crevices of the toy to entice him to play with it! That worked with Rico!

Thank you! He thinks the same and utilizes it all rather than 2 perches in his previous setup.

Yup! Itā€™s a bit surprising but he has cracked the code! Since he doesnā€™t get that you have to grab the knobs, he shakes it until a drawer is slightly sticking out, then he bites the edge and pulls it out. I do have to put a lot of seeds in, otherwise he canā€™t reach them ):
I tried putting seeds in it but once he gets them he stops tearing it up šŸ™„
Maybe the tiels will like it more!

I have that drawer forager and when I use it I fill each compartment with crinkle paper and put 1/2 a nutriberry in in each one.
I havenā€™t used it in a while and Tony is really the only one that uses it.

OP
Rico_Tiel

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur momā€™s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
I tried putting seeds in it but once he gets them he stops tearing it up šŸ™„
Maybe the tiels will like it more!

I have that drawer forager and when I use it I fill each compartment with crinkle paper and put 1/2 a nutriberry in in each one.
I havenā€™t used it in a while and Tony is really the only one that uses it.
Ah yikes! Rico did the same thing with his pineapple toy šŸ˜• Iā€™m sure the tiels will like it more! They tend to enjoy shredding paper-like materials!

Oh wow! I have no clue why I didnā€™t think of that! Thanks for the idea!

How does tony like the toy? Do your drawers slide out easily or do they need to be wiggled a bit to get them open?

zERo

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 9, 2021
Media
Texas
Parrots
Tony-Green QP(M)
Tom-Pineapple GCC(M)
Milly- Sparrow (F)
Ah yikes! Rico did the same thing with his pineapple toy šŸ˜• Iā€™m sure the tiels will like it more! They tend to enjoy shredding paper-like materials!

How does tony like the toy? Do your drawers slide out easily or do they need to be wiggled a bit to get them open?
All of the rejected toys seem to go to the tiels because they arenā€™t picky.

Well, he used to love playing with several different acrylic foragers but heā€™s not motivated to play with them anymore, even with treats.
Heā€™s going through a cardboard and sola phase right now!
The drawers open fairly easy, but he has to pull kinda hard. I feel like, instead of knobs, it should have handles so birds can get a better grip.

Keet_Krazy

Feb 19, 2023
Parrots
Budgies:
Obsidian (M), Snowflake (F), Sunbeam (F), Emelia (F, English), Alinta (F, Bush), Mahlee (M, Bush), Moonstone (M)
Galah:
Quarter (Not DNA'd)
Other:
Quail and Chickens
I tried one of those round ones once, then decided it wasn't worth it. It died way too quick šŸ˜†

OP
Rico_Tiel

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur momā€™s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
All of the rejected toys seem to go to the tiels because they arenā€™t picky.

Well, he used to love playing with several different acrylic foragers but heā€™s not motivated to play with them anymore, even with treats.
Heā€™s going through a cardboard and sola phase right now!
The drawers open fairly easy, but he has to pull kinda hard. I feel like, instead of knobs, it should have handles so birds can get a better grip.
Thatā€™s good! Rico is super picky about his toys šŸ˜… at least your tiels are happy with most things you give them!

Ooh, does he have the carousel four corner cage mount one? This thing

Rico has it and is still figuring it out!

Ooh cardboard is a good one! Itā€™s been a fan favorite of Ice, Tea, and it is a HUGE winner with Rico! I donā€™t have experience with sola but Iā€™d love to toss Rico a sola log and see what he does with it.

I 100% agree with you! Itā€™d be good for like a nanday or something similar in size but for smaller birds, it should have handles.

OP
Rico_Tiel

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur momā€™s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
I tried one of those round ones once, then decided it wasn't worth it. It died way too quick šŸ˜†
Oof! I get that feeling! The kabobs are a favorite of Ricoā€™s but due to the price, itā€™s only a hatchday/Christmas gift for him. We canā€™t spend 15$ a week on top of everything else!

zERo

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 9, 2021
Media
Texas
Parrots
Tony-Green QP(M)
Tom-Pineapple GCC(M)
Milly- Sparrow (F)
Thatā€™s good! Rico is super picky about his toys šŸ˜… at least your tiels are happy with most things you give them!

Ooh, does he have the carousel four corner cage mount one? This thing

Rico has it and is still figuring it out!

Ooh cardboard is a good one! Itā€™s been a fan favorite of Ice, Tea, and it is a HUGE winner with Rico! I donā€™t have experience with sola but Iā€™d love to toss Rico a sola log and see what he does with it.

I 100% agree with you! Itā€™d be good for like a nanday or something similar in size but for smaller birds, it should have handles.
Oh yeah I do have the carousel one! Tony figured all the drawers out in 20 minutes but the one that has to be pulled back is too hard for him to open.

You should try sola! Itā€™s really easy for them to destroy but itā€™s all easy to press seeds into it.

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.

Rocky would decimate most of those shredding toys! You should see the damage she's done to her little sneaker toy! It looks like a hormonal big parrot got it!

OP
Rico_Tiel

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur momā€™s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
Rocky would decimate most of those shredding toys! You should see the damage she's done to her little sneaker toy! It looks like a hormonal big parrot got it!
Yikes! Please show what she did! I am DYING to know!

OP
Rico_Tiel

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur momā€™s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
Oh yeah I do have the carousel one! Tony figured all the drawers out in 20 minutes but the one that has to be pulled back is too hard for him to open.

You should try sola! Itā€™s really easy for them to destroy but itā€™s all easy to press seeds into it.
Thatā€™s so cool! Tony is smart!

Should I try and get Rico a sola toy for his upcoming hatchday?

zERo

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 9, 2021
Media
Texas
Parrots
Tony-Green QP(M)
Tom-Pineapple GCC(M)
Milly- Sparrow (F)
Thatā€™s so cool! Tony is smart!

Should I try and get Rico a sola toy for his upcoming hatchday?
Maybe you should šŸ¤­
I usually get mine from MakeYourOwnBirdToys because the ones on Amazon are too expensive.

Keet_Krazy

Feb 19, 2023
Parrots
Budgies:
Obsidian (M), Snowflake (F), Sunbeam (F), Emelia (F, English), Alinta (F, Bush), Mahlee (M, Bush), Moonstone (M)
Galah:
Quarter (Not DNA'd)
Other:
Quail and Chickens
Sola is very popular at my place. Quarter loves it but it only lasts him a couple minutes šŸ˜… The budgies it last a bit longer but definitely not more then a day...

OP
Rico_Tiel

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur momā€™s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
Maybe you should šŸ¤­
I usually get mine from MakeYourOwnBirdToys because the ones on Amazon are too expensive.
Ooh I have an āœØideaāœØ

Ewww I have to pay like 10$ shipping for 3 sola balls. Iā€™m just sticking to Amazon since every website just despises Hawaii and Alaska šŸ„²

OP
Rico_Tiel

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur momā€™s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
Sola is very popular at my place. Quarter loves it but it only lasts him a couple minutes šŸ˜… The budgies it last a bit longer but definitely not more then a day...
Seems like a quick-fun type of toy! Rico would probably love it! Iā€™m stuck between sola and a kabob tho! He LOOOOVES kabobs and I love watching him destroy them! But sola seems like itā€™d be right up his alley! Agh I dunno what to choose!

Most Reactions