Fun stay home excerice: Treats and Occational Food

shinyuankuo

May 9, 2019
State College, PA
Parrots
Winston 屁撚, the Eclectus. 屁撚 (pi-nian) came from Pinion (Psalms 64, meaning flight feather, typifying God's soaring power.)
Hi Guys!
Happy social distancing in various places where you live. As we all started working from home, we go through food a lot faster than we normally would. Who's not guilty of that? :D
Well, Winston is very guilty of it. We tend to give him more treats to appease him while we work. You know, gotta keep that bird quiet and busy during work meetings. Plus we like to spoil him.
As we all are becoming couch (hooman)/perch potatos (birbs), I start wondering, how much treat is too much? How often is too often? Let's talk about how often you feed these things to your birb. Hopefully this little fun exercise can brighten up our days a little bit! At least, I have fun thinking what the heck I give to Winston in a day.

Winston (12 yr old male Eclectus):

• Mixed nuts (walnut/almond/hazelnut): a small handful, 2-3 times a day in training sessions.
  • Whole almond with shell: one almond, 1-3 times a week as jackpot reward.
  • Seeds (seeds from TOP pellets + pumpkin seeds): a small pinch, 2-4 times a week in forage box. HE LOVES that box, can spend hours foraging.
  • Whole wheat cracker (only wheat flour and water in ingredients): a small piece, 1-2 times a week. I hate that he makes soup out of it. ewww...
  • Cooked chicken bone: only fed once so far, not sure how often is too often...?
  • Garlic: a clove, 1 per month max. I don't understand why Winston likes garlic. He jumps to the cutting board to steal it. Whenever he eats garlic, we have to suffer his garlic-stinking beak syndrome.
  • Various fruit: a few pieces, 2-3 times a week.

Most Reactions