Funny Girl

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
My rescue Penny makes me laugh all the time, so many stories I could share. But I'm going to share this one that happened last night.

Its was 6pm all was dark, birds in bed. Penny starts up with whistles and talking and really carrying on. That's very unusual, Penny has set routine, doesn't like change AT ALL, and bed time is sacred..Then she started saying come here over and over! She knows what come here means and only says that when she means it! She let a shout COME HERE!!!!
So I went! She gives me such a look!! She is like do you see the problem now?!

I sure did! My birds have sleeping chambers, and I had removed them to wash......and ugh left them in the dryer. She was soooo mad. As a dutiful servant I ran and got it out if the dyrer . As I was trying to hang it she jumped right in.
Gave me such a look and then bit the crap out of arm.

I'm just so amazed at our smart parrots!! And when they know words and can use them in context, sometimes get a real wowzie!

A picture of Penny ( before she could fly, i don't ever risk outdoors now except in cage, cuz hawks and she can fly now) yes my pretty girl plucks

25227d1604888887-funny-girl-user33406_pic20983_1546460022.jpg

Last edited:

noodles123

Jul 11, 2018
Parrots
Umbrella Cockatoo- 15? years old..I think?
My rescue Penny makes me laugh all the time, so many stories I could share. But I'm going to share this one that happened last night.

Its was 6pm all was dark, birds in bed. Penny starts up with whistles and talking and really carrying on. That's very unusual, Penny has set routine, doesn't like change AT ALL, and bed time is sacred..Then she started saying come here over and over! She knows what come here means and only says that when she means it! She let a shout COME HERE!!!!
So I went! She gives me such a look!! She is like do you see the problem now?!

I sure did! My birds have sleeping chambers, and I had removed them to wash......and ugh left them in the dryer. She was soooo mad. As a dutiful servant I ran and got it out if the dyrer . As I was trying to hang it she jumped right in.
Gave me such a look and then bit the crap out of arm.

I'm just so amazed at our smart parrots!! And when they know words and can use them in context, sometimes get a real wowzie!

A picture of Penny ( before she could fly, i don't ever risk outdoors now except in cage, cuz hawks and she can fly now) yes my pretty girl plucks

LOL!!! This sounds like something Noodles would do! She too, LOVES "COME HERE" and uses it with great intention lol

Inger

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Mar 20, 2017
Everett, WA
Parrots
Bumble - Pacific (or Celestial) Parrotlet hatched 02/19/17
Oh, Penny! You’ve come a long way from that horrible poop-encrusted cage!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions