Funny story (short)

Alison

Jan 19, 2006
Massachusetts
Parrots
B&G Macaw, CAG, Moustache Parrot Quaker, 4 Tiels, 2 Keets
I stopped at a pet shop yesterday and the owner was outside talking to a woman in a pick up truck. There was a Quaker Parrot on the headrest in the truck chattering away. The woman had just bought a used cage and stuff for the bird. It turns out that the woman had gone to a fast food joint and was in her truck in the parking lot, eating her food with her window open, when this Quaker flew in her truck, landed on her hand and started devouring her burger! I can just imagine the look on her face when it happened! LOL

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Oh that is real funny, wish I could have seen the look on the womans face when Mr Quaker flew in the window and started on her burger. Its not really the norm is it. lol

How nice of her to go and by a cage straight away, I bet they are gonna be real firm friends.

OP
Alison

Alison

Jan 19, 2006
Massachusetts
Parrots
B&G Macaw, CAG, Moustache Parrot Quaker, 4 Tiels, 2 Keets
Unfortunately, the fact that she did buy all that stuff, probably indicates that she has no intention of trying to find the birds owner. A bird as friendly as that one was, must have an owner missing it. :(

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Yep, never thought of it that way, :headwall: I know how I would feel if it were one of mine, grateful that someone had taken it in, to look after, but mad as hell that they didn't try at least to find me.

Most Reactions

Latest posts