galah with lots of issues please help!!

melinda

Aug 10, 2011
TN
Parrots
5 year old cockatoo Chloe and 3 year old sun conure Joe Joe
Khloe 15 year old orange wing amazon
I am very happy for both of you.. I know you still haven't got him to eat fresh food yet but as long as you keep working with him, you will have him eatting veggys and fruit. Some birds just take longer than others. But you have done so well with him that it is just a matter of time before he steals your food off your plate.

The usb made me laugh.I have lost many remote controls for the tv. The buttons or just so fun to remove. I will be on the look out for your video.

OP
C

ceejay

Nov 13, 2011
nsw australia
Parrots
galah aka red breasted cockatoo
hey melinda lol yeah of course he acted all innocent lol it funny you say that about the remotes because mine are all sitting on the coffee table and hes never touched then hmm mental note to self (remove remotes) lol yeah hes a totally different bird from 5 weeks ago thats for sure! i know hes going to have his off days i am just thankful for all the days that begin and end positive im going to continue to work with the fruit and veg of course. but the good thing is he did eat all his pellets. my husband thinks im hillarious when i go to the grocery store he like wow sheldon eats better than me lol hes kidding of course he just thinks its funny because all shldons food goes neatly in one part of the basket and sheldon has his own shelf in the fridge lol i hope to get the video on soon it usually takes 3 weeks for stuff to get here by then ill have to make another one!! lol cheers ceejay ok meinda i had to add this in you are not going to believe this!!!!!!!!!!! i taught sheldon how to wave in just 2 15 min training sessions today is this possible? well thats a dumb question lmao i am just totally in shock!! i cant believe he learned it that quick. i was like wow noway this is unreal!! i also got him to jump to my husbands leg he was a bit hesitant about it the first coupple times i cued him to do it but he finally did. but when he waved i about hit the floor lol i wanted to also ask you this how do you know if your bird has mites sheldon is doing a bit of scratching on his head and around the side of his head and under the lower part of his beak he isnt plucking and its not constant but he does this off and on throughout the day is this normal? i dont want to put any mite spray on him if its not necessary i read a bit on it on the net but i thought you could tell me better. thanks ceejay

Last edited:

Most Reactions