Garret's Update! 😍❤️

Ggk

Sep 6, 2021
Parrots
Lovebirds
Hi, remember Garret that I posted yesterday? Yesterday, we moved him to the other cage since my dad bought him a girlfriend! Thats when I noticed his injury and took the picture. So today, we visited the vet. At the vet, I noticed that his injury has dried so we told vet about it and asked what could make that happen to his right eye. The vet said it could be the other two lovebirds (in my profile picture that is Gale and Gallie) has been bullying him (which is true) and injured his right eye. Other than that, the vet said if the injury still going, then we need to visit to the vet again. So hopefully, our Garret will get well soon! He's happy with his girlfriend (Garreta) now! I'm jealous even me myself don't have a boyfriend! 😤

Kitekeeper

Jun 19, 2021
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Parrots
Budgerigar (Bud), Pacific Parrotlet (Sam), Roseicollis lovebird (BJ and Turq), Linneolated parakeet (Charlie and Emma)
Hi Ggk,

Thanks for the update! I am glad it seems to be something easy to address.

There are a couple of things I would like to add. If you have a couple of lovebirds bullying Garret, it may be good to separate him in another cage alone. Also, you should not put Garret in the cage of Garreta as females are way more territorial and she will attack Garret. Putting Garreta in the cage of Garret is much safer, although she will take over the cage for herself within a couple of weeks.

If you want to have all four together, after Garret and Garreta are well adjusted (15 days living together) you could brought Gale and Gallie into Garrets cage and not the other way around. Gale and Gallie will not feel strong enough to bully Garret if they are not in their territory (their old cage).

Last but not least, it is not the cage per se, but the order in which the birds were brought inside the cage to live together. When I say the order, it is not just who entered first, but how many days they entered first and then received another bird to share the cage.

OP
Ggk

Ggk

Sep 6, 2021
Parrots
Lovebirds
Hi Ggk,

Thanks for the update! I am glad it seems to be something easy to address.

There are a couple of things I would like to add. If you have a couple of lovebirds bullying Garret, it may be good to separate him in another cage alone. Also, you should not put Garret in the cage of Garreta as females are way more territorial and she will attack Garret. Putting Garreta in the cage of Garret is much safer, although she will take over the cage for herself within a couple of weeks.

If you want to have all four together, after Garret and Garreta are well adjusted (15 days living together) you could brought Gale and Gallie into Garrets cage and not the other way around. Gale and Gallie will not feel strong enough to bully Garret if they are not in their territory (their old cage).

Last but not least, it is not the cage per se, but the order in which the birds were brought inside the cage to live together. When I say the order, it is not just who entered first, but how many days they entered first and then received another bird to share the cage.
Thankyou for your advice. We didn't planned to put them together btw. Garetta seems good to Garret since she was alone at the pet shop. But if I saw any harm on Garret, I will move him to another cage ASAP 😁😁

Most Reactions

Latest posts