GCC cage setup

Theo_the _best_birb!!!

Sep 22, 2021
Hi everyone I just wanted to hop in and ask about my conure cage setup. I wanted to show it and just see what I could add we are planning on doing a big bird toy shopping soon. I am also on the process of getting him a platform perch I just haven’t ordered it yet. Here are some photos. He has a variety of pet he natural manzanita and rope perch. I have pap are on the parts of the bars just for some extra enrichment. :)

Attachments

• EE7FF645-81C2-4D6E-A925-B9FD5E18F98B.jpeg
    EE7FF645-81C2-4D6E-A925-B9FD5E18F98B.jpeg
    342.1 KB · Views: 116

foxgloveparrot

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Aug 30, 2021
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ziggy, Kai, and Seiji (blue, yellowface, and dilute budgies)
Jasper (yellow-naped amazon)
Lilla (senegal parrot)
Snowberry (yellow-crowned amazon)
Cricket (pacific parrotlet)
Wow! It looks great! But I might have a couple suggestions:
-if the purple thing in front is a food/water bowl, I recommend replacing it with a stainless steel one
-what are the dimensions of this cage? It looks big but I just want to make sure
-the woven-seagrass-basket toy can make birds very hormonal because they view it as a nest-replace it with a better shredding or foraging toy

Other than that, good job, it looks awesome!

OP
Theo_the _best_birb!!!

Theo_the _best_birb!!!

Sep 22, 2021
Wow! It looks great! But I might have a couple suggestions:
-if the purple thing in front is a food/water bowl, I recommend replacing it with a stainless steel one
-what are the dimensions of this cage? It looks big but I just want to make sure
-the woven-seagrass-basket toy can make birds very hormonal because they view it as a nest-replace it with a better shredding or foraging toy

Other than that, good job, it looks awesome!
The plastic bowl is for foot toys he has stainless steel for bowl water and food and are cleaned daily and what not and the dimensions are 30 by 53 I recall I could be wrong but I know no smaller. Thank you for the feedback!

foxgloveparrot

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Aug 30, 2021
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ziggy, Kai, and Seiji (blue, yellowface, and dilute budgies)
Jasper (yellow-naped amazon)
Lilla (senegal parrot)
Snowberry (yellow-crowned amazon)
Cricket (pacific parrotlet)
The plastic bowl is not for food sorry if it looks like that it is for foot toys and what not and the Dennison’s are 30 by 53 I recall I could be wrong but I know no smaller. Thank you for the feedback!
Ok, that's a good use for a plastic bowl, nice size, and you're welcome :)

OP
Theo_the _best_birb!!!

Theo_the _best_birb!!!

Sep 22, 2021
Ok, that's a good use for a plastic bowl, nice size, and you're welcome :)
Also another question about my GCC’s poop not to long ago he had black specs in his poop that was after I gave him dragonfruit as part of his dinner and a couple days ago I might if given him something that caused more black specks in his poop and the recently his poop was lighter in the green colour I didn’t want to freak out and rush to our avian vet because we already have an appointment for next month in January he is acting rather normal and always happy and content playing with all of his toys. He was normal while flying around the house and in his outside perch this is his most recent dropping all his unrated and such seem to be there and it looks normal now I feed him tropican and tops but have yet to order a new bag of tops as he just ran out here are some pictures. Our avian vet is very backed that why we got our appointment later than expected. Which makes it hard to get it earlier. We can always email them though.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 80
OP
Theo_the _best_birb!!!

Theo_the _best_birb!!!

Sep 22, 2021
Also another question about my GCC’s poop not to long ago he had black specs in his poop that was after I gave him dragonfruit as part of his dinner and a couple days ago I might if given him something that caused more black specks in his poop and the recently his poop was lighter in the green colour I didn’t want to freak out and rush to our avian vet because we already have an appointment for next month in January he is acting rather normal and always happy and content playing with all of his toys. He was normal while flying around the house and in his outside perch this is his most recent dropping all his unrated and such seem to be there and it looks normal now I feed him tropican and tops but have yet to order a new bag of tops as he just ran out here are some pictures. Should I bring him earlier. The only trouble is is that they are very backed up and we got our appointment later than expected.

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Looks pretty normal poop, it can look a little different depending on what they eat, and a stress poop can look wetter .
A perfect pop the fecal matter would be a little thicker and more clumped together in a more ball plop form. But this isn't concerning to me.

Do use a digital kitchen scale and a habit if weight checks once a week after morning poop. As most burds start dropping weight if they have a health issue. 3-5% of weight loss see a vet, 5% or greater burd is sick see a very quickly, and try and offer more food possible support feed baby burd formula. Since k burds burn a lot of calories. I'd have a k and h bird warmer on hand, as warmth fir sick burds us so important. And it's great to have so they can cuddle up if they need or want.

As fir cage, looks great, offer another high perch on the opposite side he us now, most burds prefer to perch higher most of the time, but it's good to try and get them to use as much of the cage as possible.

Don't forget you can put perches on the outside and top and that can be part if his play gym when out

OP
Theo_the _best_birb!!!

Theo_the _best_birb!!!

Sep 22, 2021
Looks pretty normal poop, it can look a little different depending on what they eat, and a stress poop can look wetter .
A perfect pop the fecal matter would be a little thicker and more clumped together in a more ball plop form. But this isn't concerning to me.

Do use a digital kitchen scale and a habit if weight checks once a week after morning poop. As most burds start dropping weight if they have a health issue. 3-5% of weight loss see a vet, 5% or greater burd is sick see a very quickly, and try and offer more food possible support feed baby burd formula. Since k burds burn a lot of calories. I'd have a k and h bird warmer on hand, as warmth fir sick burds us so important. And it's great to have so they can cuddle up if they need or want.

As fir cage, looks great, offer another high perch on the opposite side he us now, most burds prefer to perch higher most of the time, but it's good to try and get them to use as much of the cage as possible.

Don't forget you can put perches on the outside and top and that can be part if his play gym when out
Thank you! I will be getting another perch shortly. He does have a stand and a large rope swing on the outside Of his cage. Closer to Christmas I will get him more perches and toys we are going to get lots of to redo the cage soon just for a nice change he does well with change and is not bothered by toys and perches switching around.

Most Reactions