GCC - Mating behaviours?

Hopefulworld

Apr 23, 2018
Parrots
Charlie (aka. Coco) - Green cheek conure - Born August 12, 2017
Hi,

Most bird articles say that birds become aggressive during mating season, so I'm a bit confused. Charlie can be a bit aggressive at times but also very lovey. We try to never pet his back or tail so as not to encourage sexual behaviours, and keep him away from the washer/dryer (he gets territorial/aggressive when he's around them... especially when they're on).

However, today he regurgitated for my mom (his favourite person)... which he's never done before. He's also been a HUGE cuddle bug today and very very docile. He hasn't given any attitude all day and has been cuddled in my hair (on my shoulder) all day. My mom also recently came back from a week-long vacation... are these mating behaviours? Or is this him just being happy that she's back?

Any advice would be helpful :)

(BTW Charlie is an (almost) 5-year-old Green Cheek Conure)

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
I think its excitement with mom back and wanting to re affirm bonds .

I don't get excited about regurgitating to me, tho that's rare. But my flock does with each other year around here and there. When I discussed with my veterinarian she said it's about flock bonds and not always just a pair bond behavior. She said it was a sign I had a happy flock, and I do.

My green cheek can go from cuddling to I will bite to back to cuddling all day long. Just super sensitive to that hand was about to kill me kind if stuff.

Most Reactions

Latest posts