GCC wants to shower every day.

Akramkhan346

Jan 10, 2022
Media
Saudi Arabia
Parrots
Pair of green cheek conure - GCC
Hello people,

My pair of conure who is 8 weeks old now always wants to take shower. Once while we were doing house chores they got a chance and went to the bathroom and took and shower and was fully wet. then in the second instance we open the door and wanted to see what they do as expected they did the same went to the bathroom since the tab was off there was some water on the ground they played with that.

Now they have made a habit every day between 12 pm to 1 pm they go to the door of the bathroom and keep shouting as if they want to go in and take shower.

PLEASE ADVISE IS IT GOOD TO GIVE A SHOWER EVERY DAY AT THIS AGE AND HOW OFTEN THEY SHOULD TAKE A SHOWER.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Video 2022-01-24 at 12.37.11 PM.mp4
    3.4 MB

Skarila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
2021 Parrot of the Year 🏆
Apr 19, 2021
Media
Albums
Hungary
Parrots
✻Csillam the rescued budgie
✻Pascal the Emma's (Venezuelan) Conure

Previous owned:
✻Archibald the cockatiel (fostered 6 months)
✻RIP - 28 YO Zeleni the mischievous IRN
✻RIP -Sunny the budgie
Perfectly normal for a conure!!! They live in tropical rainforests where humidity is high. My vet suggested to let them bath as often as they like and keep humidity around 60% if possible.

Conures LOVE bathing. Mine will do every 2-3 days when the sun is shining, during summer more often.

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Fully agree! If you have Parrots that like to Shower! That is great! Let them shower! Try introducing a heavy glass pie plate with water in it and let them bathe.

Cheers!

Birdgirl24

Dec 2, 2021
North Dakota
Parrots
I have 1 budgie, He is a male both. I have been looking into getting an Eclectus Parrot tho.
What cuties! I'm glad your beautiful like Birbs like showers it's really awesome to see someone who gives there birds tons of showers!

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
My GCC takes a bath in her bath bowl nearly every day. They do seem to enjoy a bath.

Most Reactions