Gemini Vet Visit.

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
This evening I am one happy gal, I have been to the vets and had some good news, well it is in the respect that there is no underlying problems with him.

He is going through a really bad moult, the weather here has been really mild it is throwing everything upside down. Anyway he is going through this bad moult, and as his new feathers have been growing in, his skin has become itchy so he has been itching so he has been scratching, the more he itches the more he scratches and the more he scratches he has caused a dermatitus. He was given a shot and has to go back on Monday. He has also been put on a high protein diet, for a couple of days, so all the things that he only ever has small amounts of he is now getting as much as he wants. The first thing to get devoured is the cheese. He has to have a good misting everymorning, which he has already been getting and boy does he hate that. :D

The nice thing is that it is nothing more serious. Thankfully. I am just so relieved.

Thanks guys for all your words of comfort and support they have meant a lot to me.
grouphug.gif

Eclectica

Oct 8, 2006
Media
South Africa
Parrots
Dory - Cockatiel
GREAT!!! Sooo happy to hear you dont have to go through that as well. I hope your fish are still ok.:D I was thinking of you the whole time especially if i look at my featherless birdy. O, but he is my special fid!

Hope he gets a goodlooking plumage, and that Leo likes it and wants to have his babies:09: . Maybe he will now know how to charm her with his new feathers!!

OP
P

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Thanks guys, even if he does turn out to be a plucker I would still love the little brat, All the while he was at the vets he screamed blue murder, but he was also very nice. When he's at home he will step up and be biting my finger at the same time. :D As if his little beak is gonna do much damage, after being used to Buccs beak. hahahaha

OP
P

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Thanks Kelli, He seems so much happier now which is great, he's sitting in his cage with all the others singing away, :D

OP
P

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Thanks Bill, Gemini had his follow up visit today and has been given the all clear. We've just got to keep an eye to make sure that he doesn't start picking at those feathers again. We can see a few of the feathers growing back and as long as he leaves them alone that will be great.

Most Reactions

Latest posts