Gender!

Lexsyyyy

Dec 27, 2022
Parrots
3 budgies, one cockatiel
Hi! I would like to try to tell the gender of my creamino budgie and my pied budgie, I need help. I assumed they're both girls. Keep in mind one is creamino and a baby so their ceres look different, thats why im unsure.
The blue ones name is lady and thats why im concerned lmao. Idk why I named them that it just sounded right. She's a baby so maybe you guys will be able to tell but if not thats okay. Side note, they would not stay still
1672166883866682181408357883628.jpg

16721665712518400169344591408756.jpg
16721667341711158134414482078513.jpg
16721668445184716907178956261625.jpg

OP
L

Lexsyyyy

Dec 27, 2022
Parrots
3 budgies, one cockatiel
Welcome to the forum!
Your budgies are beautiful:)

Here is a link that may help you:

Sexing Budgies by Cere Color

I'm so happy you joined us!
Thank you so much :). I'm aware of the budgie cere colors I just want a second opinion because their young, but I do think they're both females. Thank you so much though!! Glad to be here!

OP
L

Lexsyyyy

Dec 27, 2022
Parrots
3 budgies, one cockatiel
This one is definitely female. Iā€™m not as sure about the other one though.
THANK YOU SO MUCH! Lady would be a pretty weird name for a male bird. Also she's bonded with my male budgie and I'm not against babies when they get older. My parents might be though lol.

Lulu10766

Dec 29, 2022
Parrots
1 Parakeet
THANK YOU SO MUCH! Lady would be a pretty weird name for a male bird. Also she's bonded with my male budgie and I'm not against babies when they get older. My parents might be though lol.
No problem! I do love the name Lady. Itā€™s very pretty! Just be sure if you do breed them your parents are alright with it that way there wonā€™t be complications later on. Hereā€™s my budgie, that Iā€™m 95% sure heā€™s male, and this is how his cere looks.
A18ABC76-897A-45EE-A52F-2D592CB199CB.jpeg
Sorry itā€™s sort of blurry. I mostly cropped my face out of it so you could see him better. His cere is a bit more of a blueish/purplish color as opposed to being very white

OP
L

Lexsyyyy

Dec 27, 2022
Parrots
3 budgies, one cockatiel
No problem! I do love the name Lady. Itā€™s very pretty! Just be sure if you do breed them your parents are alright with it that way there wonā€™t be complications later on. Hereā€™s my budgie, that Iā€™m 95% sure heā€™s male, and this is how his cere looks.
View attachment 46763Sorry itā€™s sort of blurry. I mostly cropped my face out of it so you could see him better. His cere is a bit more of a blueish/purplish color as opposed to being very white

View attachment 46763Sorry itā€™s sort of blurry. I mostly cropped my face out of it so you could see him better. His cere is a bit more of a blueish/purplish color as opposed to being very white
My mom really wants baby budgies but doesn't wanna keep all of them depending on how many. I wanna keep all of them. Buttt I have a friend who has 2 and had three but one recently passed, and I know he would gladly take one or two. My dad wouldn't be thrilled but he wouldn't know what to do about it, especially since I buy all the things for my budgies. I even buy some of the stuff for my moms cockatiel lol.
Also I definitely agree about him being a male, hes very handsome :)

Lulu10766

Dec 29, 2022
Parrots
1 Parakeet
My mom really wants baby budgies but doesn't wanna keep all of them depending on how many. I wanna keep all of them. Buttt I have a friend who has 2 and had three but one recently passed, and I know he would gladly take one or two. My dad wouldn't be thrilled but he wouldn't know what to do about it, especially since I buy all the things for my budgies. I even buy some of the stuff for my moms cockatiel lol.
Also I definitely agree about him being a male, hes very handsome :)
Ohhh, okay, I understand now what you mean with breeding them. Breeding parakeets seems like it'd be really fun!- a lot of work- but fun!
And thank you what you said about my little budgie! ^^

OP
L

Lexsyyyy

Dec 27, 2022
Parrots
3 budgies, one cockatiel
Ohhh, okay, I understand now what you mean with breeding them. Breeding parakeets seems like it'd be really fun!- a lot of work- but fun!
And thank you what you said about my little budgie! ^^
Yes! We've raised them in the past but because the mom had a growth stunt, a lot of the babies got the same Trait so a lot of her eggs did not hatch and a few babies died just from that. It can be a risky thing but im hoping to bring all my budgies into the vet soon and get them checkups (I just need a job first so I can get them on insurance, I've only had them for 2 months. Nessie 1 month). Also no problem, I love the yellow and green pied budgies, they're so pretty :)

Most Reactions

Latest posts