Getting custom cages, but need advice on bar spacing.

Lynsey

Jul 30, 2014
Parrots
Fonzie - White Capped Pionus (male) - Hatched 5/24/14
Betty - Brown Headed Parrot (female) - Hatched 12/15/22
So I am getting 2 custom stainless steel cages from Freedomcage.com. Mark says most are 3/4" bar spacing. I currently have a White Capped Pionus and his current bar spacing is 5/8" I feel like it could be a bit larger and be fine. My new baby Brown Headed Parrot will be going in the other cage. I am a bit nervous about 3/4" with the Brown head, I feel like it might be a bit too large. The Brown head definitely seems a bit smaller than my Pionus. Any thoughts on bar spacing? Maybe I am just being paranoid? 3/4" Would definitely look better and cost a bit less. Any advice would be appreciated. I know what my Pi likes, but don't have any experience with a Poi. Want these to forever cages...at the price they are, they should be.

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
If a brown headed parrot is same size as a Meyer’s parrot, 3/4” should be fine.

LindaRN

Feb 19, 2022
Parrots
Baby-32 year old Congo African Grey
So I am getting 2 custom stainless steel cages from Freedomcage.com. Mark says most are 3/4" bar spacing. I currently have a White Capped Pionus and his current bar spacing is 5/8" I feel like it could be a bit larger and be fine. My new baby Brown Headed Parrot will be going in the other cage. I am a bit nervous about 3/4" with the Brown head, I feel like it might be a bit too large. The Brown head definitely seems a bit smaller than my Pionus. Any thoughts on bar spacing? Maybe I am just being paranoid? 3/4" Would definitely look better and cost a bit less. Any advice would be appreciated. I know what my Pi likes, but don't have any experience with a Poi. Want these to forever cages...at the price they are, they should be.
Saw your post and was checking out the cage website. Have you received the cages yet? Do you like them? I was trying to see if the company had any reviews but can’t find any.

LeeC

Jun 5, 2019
Media
Harrisburg, PA
Parrots
Timneh: Grady;
Senegal: Charlie;
Sun Conure: Peaches (deceased)
Senegal: Georgia
Peach-fronted Conure: Milton (foster)
Brown-throated Conure: Pumpkin (foster)
Senegal: Fletcher
Senegal: Ivy
Hi, @Lynsey, have you received your cage? I would love to hear your thoughts on it. I am considering a Freedom Cage right now.

Most Reactions