Getting my first tattoo

ParrotLover2001

Dec 20, 2016
In my parents house
Parrots
A cockatiel, a bourke, and three budgies
I went in for a consultation today! I scheduled a consultation (went in today) talked it over, brought what I want a tattoo of in with me for reference. I won't say where I went because it'll give away my location, but let me tell you they have good reviews. They aren't very well known, and I know a lot of people with tattoos, they never heard of the place. They are slightly cheaper then the more popular ones.
I am scheduled for Friday! I will be getting my very first tattoo, and it's of a bird feather.
It's a feather from a bird I loved very much, even though she was bossy and thought, scratch that, she KNEW she was in charge! My lovebird Jordan, who passed almost two years ago, had some colorful tail feathers, and that is what I'm getting. A tail feather from my little (demonic) angel will be inked into my left fore arm. I'd have to get a sleeve to cover it up when I work (It's a stupid rule, but I know tattoos are controversial)

Here is a pic of the feather, I'll post the tattoo picture after my appointment on Friday.
25ebc85e30ca294ac8497a9eb11cd21b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Ceri

Aug 6, 2020
Bozeman, MT
Parrots
Jade & Jasper - Meyers - Adopted from Rescue - estimated age is 5 or 6.
That is one beautiful feather!

As a tattoo connoisseur myself & this being your first and all, I'd definitely recommend you ask your artist for his/her photo album, maybe some referrals. I say this just so you can make sure the line work will be what you need to make this feather really come to life. Not saying you may have not already done this, but I just want you to know in case you haven't.

Flboy

Dec 28, 2014
Greater Orlando area, Florida
Parrots
JoJo, 'Special' GCC, Bongo, Cinnamon GCC(wife's)
That’s really nice!
I have to poke fun at ya over this statement!...
"won't say where I went because it'll give away my location, but let me tell you they have good reviews. They aren't very well known, and I know a lot of people with tattoos, they never heard of the place."

The internet is a small place! You live right next to where my mom grew up!
Not gonna blow it for you, but this is one of the safest groups I have ever been part of! I did information research for a living, I was quite good!

Last edited:

noodles123

Jul 11, 2018
Parrots
Umbrella Cockatoo- 15? years old..I think?
That’s really nice!
I have to poke fun at ya over this statement!
"won't say where I went because it'll give away my location, but let me tell you they have good reviews. They aren't very well known, and I know a lot of people with tattoos, they never heard of the place."

Not gonna blow it for you, but this is one of the safest groups I have ever been part of! I did information research for a living, I was quite good!

wait...now I am confused lol...did she post information or are you just that good at figuring things out? DON'T WORRY OP-- we are a trustworthy group lol! So is FLBOY-- despite his interesting comment (but I appreciate it, because I really want to know...can you tell that easily, FLBOY?-- if so, maybe don't post the "how" publicly) I do worry about the rest of tech geniuses that could view this though (for all of our sakes!!) Maybe if you use the internet, that is just how it all is, but it is unsettling to a degree (from a non-computer-aficionado).

Last edited:
OP
ParrotLover2001

ParrotLover2001

Dec 20, 2016
In my parents house
Parrots
That’s really nice!

Wait what? Stay away from meeeeeee. Lol.
How can anyone find my info? (You know what, I don't want to know.)

Also it's not the people on the forum I'm worried about, it's the creeps that might be poking around looking for that kind of info. Never know who might be lurking online.

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
No worries on your info. There's nothing specific on the forum, just reference to your general vicinity in a previous thread. We take member's privacy very seriously here.

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
A beautiful and inspirational choice. Good luck, a good artist will bring the feather to life!

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Beautiful inspiration! But like most things you get what you pay for. I have several tats, so I am going to relate my story. The last one I got, I had seen another tattoo of a spider, standing on its legs with the shadow falling on the skin (so you kinda know what I wanted. I went to the same shop as the other ink, but the lead guy had just been busted. SO they said well we have **** over there, he can do the ink for you. I explained what I wanted and the 'artist' said yeah I understand what you want, no sweat. He gets to inking. Unfortunately he musta failed biology cuz he didn't know how many legs a spider has, or what the body looks like, or the fact spiders don;t have antennae. Or how do do shadows. What I wound up with looks more like a round gumball with hairs stuck to it. The worst part is its on my neck ( which I found out later is a prison symbol (my fault). So be very leery of who you entrust your skin to.

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
There are some very excellent tattoo artists out there, but far more that someday maybe kind of good. As Wrench stated, you get what you pay for.

That all said, Human skin is not a stable foundation, especially over time and with you, that will be many decades. As you age and your skin changes, so will your tattoo. What was once tight and defined will sag and what was crisp /sharp lines will spread.

Take great care prior to getting a tattoo. Check-out those tattoo on older folks, you may just be surprised what getting old does.

Last edited:

Flboy

Dec 28, 2014
Greater Orlando area, Florida
Parrots
JoJo, 'Special' GCC, Bongo, Cinnamon GCC(wife's)
I am perfectly OK with all of these comments being deleted! I don’t want to derail your fun time!
Google stores every keystroke you make, every image your mouse lingers on!
To get even more paranoid, your phone is listening at all times! Be in a conversation about a product with your phone sitting next to you. Watch the advertisements that start popping up when you get back on line!
Much of this information is just being warehoused for now though! The big push, and fear, for 5G is for AI! Systems will be better at building who/what you are!
That’s really nice!

Wait what? Stay away from meeeeeee. Lol.
How can anyone find my info? (You know what, I don't want to know.)

Also it's not the people on the forum I'm worried about, it's the creeps that might be poking around looking for that kind of info. Never know who might be lurking online.

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
So very well stated David!

The amount of information that our devices are collecting while they sit so sweetly next to us is extensive! The Web in truly filled with spiders that are busy collecting every stroke of the key! The average person never clears their search history, which only makes the process easier.

OP
ParrotLover2001

ParrotLover2001

Dec 20, 2016
In my parents house
Parrots
Currently getting the tattoo. So far it looks good, does not hurt as much as I thought, but I do have little pain tolerance so it still hurts. I decided I wanted her name as well, the name us finished
d59b2580c1bfba821c4fcf6f84d6c373.jpg

noodles123

Jul 11, 2018
Parrots
Umbrella Cockatoo- 15? years old..I think?
Cool! Shape looks good! I was freaked out at first bc I didn't read that it was still in progress and I was like...umm...I think they left a few parts out LOL!

Most Reactions

Latest posts