Getting my Indian Ringneck to eat.

evanschlenker

Jun 2, 2022
Parrots
Indian Ringneck, Cockatiel.
My 3 month old Indian Ringeck was weaned off of his Mom a few weeks ago. He show’s alot of interest in/eats millet, nuts (as treats), pellets, and nutriberries. How can I encourage him to eat his veggies? He barely touches them.

Cottonoid

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 20, 2022
Just keep trying, really :)

I've had my adult ringneck since March and he's just now starting to try lots of veggies. I kind of rotate through different things every day. So one day I'll chop up spinach and red peppers, then the next day I'll try a full leaf of romaine lettuce and a chunk of pepper, then the next day mashed sweet potato and chopped up parsley. I've always mixed his pellets and seed into the veggies so even when he was only eating seeds he had to taste at least some of the veggies long enough to throw them on the floor 😁

It probably feels like you're wasting a lot of veggies but tossing some of their food is normal anyway! Since your little guy is still young I bet he's still getting used to the idea of eating food and before you know it he'll be trying everything you offer him!

Most Reactions