Getting ready for bird no. 3

ddobs

Dec 27, 2020
Minneapolis
Parrots
Two budgies hatched September 2020.
Hello folks. I've posted before that i'm getting a baby Meyer's. We pick him up in Baton Rouge next Saturday. We deliberated quite a while before deciding to get a third bird (our other two are budgies). Even so, there's some nervousness about the arrival of a new member of the family. I currently work from home but will return to the office in August. I work full time. Could any of you share tips/tricks/advice about how to balance work, family and bird care/socialization when you work full time and have multiple birds? I'm committed to making it work, but it would help me to hear from others in similar circumstances. FYI, I have a spouse but no kids. I a the primary caretaker of the birds because he lives and works M-F in another city.

PM me if you'd prefer.

Thanks so much.

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
So exciting!!!!
I'm a stay at home bird mom.
When I worked in the past I has a fish tank next to them cage, and low volume toddler TV on...not sure if it helped?

Teaching foraging helps.
AND Say goodbye, and greet when yiu come home. Taking a few minutes with them in the morning. Morning is an important time to birds

Last edited:

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Remember that each additional Parrot one adds, the less time you will have with the others? There is no assurance that they will like each other!

Most Reactions

Latest posts