Giant poops? (Possibly urgent)

Flapjack

Nov 10, 2023
Parrots
Green cheek conure
Hello all! I’ve had my GGC Kure for almost a month now (time sure does fly when you have a bird), and everything is going great. However I was curious to know what you all thought about her poops. A few days ago her poops started getting larger, about the size of a morning poo, but seemingly constant through the day. The only time that her poops are “normal” sized is when she goes while she is out with me. I am thinking that she is either resting a lot while I am out (but her toys are getting pretty destroyed so I am not sure) or it is because she recently switched over to actually eating the majority of her pellets and they are digesting differently. When I started researching today I saw something about possible egg binding and now I am worried that could be the issue. She has had no behavioral changes, no hormonal behavior that I am aware of, and no access to a place to nest or materials, other than her toys I guess. I attached a picture of some of her poops 🫢. Do you guys think she could be egg bound?
IMG_5081.jpeg

Also that one is kind of orange ish because her favorite pellet is the orange one.

Hello all! I’ve had my GGC Kure for almost a month now (time sure does fly when you have a bird), and everything is going great. However I was curious to know what you all thought about her poops. A few days ago her poops started getting larger, about the size of a morning poo, but seemingly constant through the day. The only time that her poops are “normal” sized is when she goes while she is out with me. I am thinking that she is either resting a lot while I am out (but her toys are getting pretty destroyed so I am not sure) or it is because she recently switched over to actually eating the majority of her pellets and they are digesting differently. When I started researching today I saw something about possible egg binding and now I am worried that could be the issue. She has had no behavioral changes, no hormonal behavior that I am aware of, and no access to a place to nest or materials, other than her toys I guess. I attached a picture of some of her poops 🫢. Do you guys think she could be egg bound? View attachment 56482
They look like healthy well fed parrot poop to me.

Whoops! Maybe she was just having small poops when I first got her then.
If she eats well, acts normal, and looks healthy, she probably is. However, when someone adopts a "new" bird, I always recommend a "well bird" checkup with an avian vet to establish a health baseline and a relationship with the vet in the event the bird ever gets sick.

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back