Giving Up My Amazon Breeders

rweoms

Oct 25, 2020
Northern Virginia
Parrots
Two Breeding pairs Amazons
Two Amazons I kept as pets
One Redhead Amazon
I have been breeding Amazons for over 20 years. My wife recently passed away and I need let go of my two bonded pair. I have a bonded pair of double yellows and yellow napes. They are not banded. Both are proven and in excellent condition. They are older 20 plus years. I only let them do one clutch a year. I stopper breeding them when my wife got cancer five years ago. I have two 4 X 4 X 10 Erect Easy Wire cages for them. They can fly in them. I have all the necessary equipment as well. Z boxes etc. They go nuts when they are separated so that is NOT an option. I will entertain any offer even free if the "right" person comes along. The double yellow male is aggressive. The others are sweet. All have seen avian vets yearly. I have kept a couple of their offspring as pets. All the birds I bred were AAA registered and banded. I love them and want them to be handled properly.

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
My deepest sympathy.
I hope good homes can be found. Sometimes this forum is good for finding a home.

I took in a quaker here from a great young man.

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Welcome, please accept my deepest sympathies for the loss of your wife.

Wishing you and your pairs the best with new homes.

Most Reactions