Going away

Littlechris123

Aug 18, 2021
Media
Worksop nottinghamshire
Parrots
Pineapple conure
Hi all im going on vacation tomorow my neighbour who has a african grey is looking after matya the thing is we have such a lovely bond im worried this seperation will break it . When we came back from shopping she was so happy to see me she was kissing 💋 me i love her deeply any advice for when we fetch her back please x

Tami2

Aug 18, 2017
New Jersey
Parrots
Levi - 6 yr old CAG

DOH-4/2/2016
The one & only time we left Levi for a 2 week vacation, where I couldn't bring him. We FaceTimed everyday at the same time. I got this awesome tip from Wrench & it worked beautifully. My MIL used her iPad & brought it over to his cage. The part that was so sad, was when he saw us & heard us he was lifting his leg for me to pick him up. That broke my heart. 💔 I was really worried as it was the first time we were leaving him. I took trips down to my MILs house twice a month for a few months prior to our trip. SO, he could get accustomed to the house, sounds & smells etc ...

Good luck!! ;)

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Tell your parrot how long you'll be gone, show the days as fingers. Do that a day or 2 before you leave. I used to go to China a few times a year, and if I did that, Salty would be OK when I got back. Not doing it meant a week of pissed off bird. It works!!!

Tami2

Aug 18, 2017
New Jersey
Parrots
Levi - 6 yr old CAG

DOH-4/2/2016
Ty guys i will take on board youre replies and its a fantastic idea facetiming ill let u know how i get on once again ty 💖
Hope it helps. I believe it was brilliant for my Levi. To this day he loves FaceTiming. When we TF relatives in FL he has to be a part of it. :) Ha

Most Reactions

Latest posts