Going to the Hickory, NC Bird fair will you be there?

UFB_Vincent

Jul 6, 2022
Virginia
Parrots
Hawk: The Green Cheek Conure
Bently: The Sun Conure
Kricket: The Love Bird
Tulio: The Cockatiel
Never been to this one before traveling there with friends/fellow bird club members as well as know at least one vendor looking forwards to it. Posting in case others dont know about it!

Info for the fair in attachment
Ill report on the show after I go too for those curious.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1657497600665.jpg
    FB_IMG_1657497600665.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 85

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Never been to this one before traveling there with friends/fellow bird club members as well as know at least one vendor looking forwards to it. Posting in case others dont know about it!

Info for the fair in attachment
Ill report on the show after I go too for those curious.
I wish I lived close, I'd love to go. Have fun and I'm looking forward to hearing all about it!

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Bird fairs are vectors for communicable parrot diseases, I would NOT take your parrot, and thoroughly disinfect your clothes, shoes, self and anything you buy there! My local parrot club has discontinued their faire last 2 years from Covid, and now a bird flu in native birds.

OP
UFB_Vincent

UFB_Vincent

Jul 6, 2022
Virginia
Parrots
Bird fairs are vectors for communicable parrot diseases, I would NOT take your parrot, and thoroughly disinfect your clothes, shoes, self and anything you buy there! My local parrot club has discontinued their faire last 2 years from Covid, and now a bird flu in native birds.
Ive been to bird fair and exotic expos many times before just not this one I never take my birds to an all bird fair though I do take them to educational tables at expos and like anything I do pretty much sanitize everything and take a shower when I return home ^^

There is pretty much always traces of bird flu the difference is a high spike, but one should pretty much treat every time you come in contact with wild life or fecal matter you should be sanitazing anyways. So pretty much every time you leave the house and step in grass is a potential contact with wild life or pesticides on your shoes. So rule of thumb always be sanitizing!!

OP
UFB_Vincent

UFB_Vincent

Jul 6, 2022
Virginia
Parrots
Its so close Im so excited so many of my friends are going to the event. Will report back with photos and such.

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Its so close Im so excited so many of my friends are going to the event. Will report back with photos and such.
Oh good, I can't wait to see your pics!

Most Reactions

Latest posts