Good Evening I am Bebe's mom

Bebe'smom

Mar 3, 2022
Minnesnowta (Minnesota)
Parrots
A 15 year old cockatiel
Hello, Bebe and I live in Minnesnowta (Minnesota). Bebe is my grey cockatiel. He is adopted and I believe at least 10+years old. He is not hand tame and was neglected when he came to live me. He was malnourished, underweight and carrying a lot of baggage. I have been his caretaker, psychiatrist, and love him deeply, for 5 years
We have worked extremely hard to get him on better diet, off the sunflower seed junkie program, getting him to have time schedule for bedtime, play time and being Bebe time.

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Aaaaaawwwwwwww, welcome to the forums to you and precious Bebe. Thank you for taking him in and loving him and giving him a better life!

Don't ever give up on hand-taming him. I rescued an escaped cockatiel many years ago who was also not hand tame, and one day after eight years it was like a little light switch flicked on in her head and she became the sweetest, tamest little birdie on earth who loved nothing more than snuggles and head scratches. There is always hope!

Hope to see some pics of little Bebe soon too ...

(this is a very subtle hint!)

Once again, welcome aboard :) I'm so glad you found us, and I'm looking forward to some pics very soon!

OP
B

Bebe'smom

Mar 3, 2022
Minnesnowta (Minnesota)
Parrots
A 15 year old cockatiel
20220303_201251.jpg

Here's my little man Bebe(Baby).
20220303_201308.jpg

Here is his cage set up.
I have had birds for over 30 years. From Budgies to tiels.

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)

foxgloveparrot

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Aug 30, 2021
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ziggy, Kai, and Seiji (blue, yellowface, and dilute budgies)
Jasper (yellow-naped amazon)
Lilla (senegal parrot)
Snowberry (yellow-crowned amazon)
Cricket (pacific parrotlet)
Welcome! I hope you’ll stick around for a while, your baby is gorgeous!

Most Reactions

Latest posts