Good info about finding lost parrots, thanks parrot911

Kentuckienne

Supporting Vendor
Oct 9, 2016
Middle of nowhere (kentuckianna)
Parrots
Roommates include Gus, Blue and gold macaw rescue and Coco, secondhand amazon
I copied and pasted this from their Facebook page. The link in step1 is priceless.

===============

Welcome to 911 Parrot Alert's State Group KENTUCKY LOST & FOUND BIRDS PARROTS. Our goal is to equip our members with the necessary tools and knowledge needed in order to reunite lost and found birds back with their families. 911 Parrot Alert has outlined some pertinent steps that should be taken in the event you have lost or found a bird which includes the following:

1. Search & Retrieve Protocol: Is an important document that will help aid in your search efforts and in the retrieval of your bird. Please download, print and follow the guidelines within the Search & Retrieve Protocol. If you have found a bird, please follow the steps provided on page 10. The Search & Retrieve Protocol can be downloaded directly from the following link at https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B78YYzbJx75hMmZyM3J1S3ZiLTg/view?usp=sharing

2. Nextdoor: Is a free service that will allow you to connect with and alert your neighborhood and community of a lost or found bird. Please get an urgent lost or found message posted asap to nextdoor.com.

3. Fliers: If you have a lost or found a parrot and need a flier created, you may do so directly from the resource page. These fliers can be used for Facebook, Instagram, Nextdoor, and any online postings and can also be printed. Fliers are an effective way to alert your neighborhood and community and can be created directly from 911 Parrot Alert's Resources for Lost & Found Parrots.

4. Database: It is important to list your lost or found bird in the databases provided as both owners and finders search these databases for lost and found birds. Please post your lost or found bird in 911 Parrot Alert's databases located at Lost & Found Parrot Registry & Database - 911ParrotAlert AND ALSO in the databases provided on the resource page located at 911 Parrot Alert's Resources for Lost & Found Parrots.

5. 911 Parrot Alert: Please join 911 Parrot Alert (Official)​'s main group page for further help and support and to follow any lost or found postings that may be posted.

dhraiden

Jul 14, 2015
Queens NY
Parrots
Green Cheek Conure (Mochi)
Gold Capped Conure (Mango)
That database is an excellent resource. Thank you for sharing.

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 38-year-old Patagonian Conure
Wonderful!
I'm saving this in my library of inks!
Thank you, dear ms. K.!

Ladyhawk

Apr 30, 2017
Parrots
Kizzy - (most likely) female blue-fronted Amazon, hatched on May 1, 2017; Gabby - Male double yellowheaded Amazon, hatched, April 1, 1986; died February 22, 2017
I signed up for NextDoor and jumped through all the hoops only to find my phone couldn't run the app. I was too shocked to troubleshoot. I'd suggest installing it now.

Luckily, almost everyone I met asked if I was the lady looking for her parrot. People in the area know. If someone local picked Kizzy up and doesn't know I'm looking for her, that someone is either 1) far away from here and doesn't go online or 2) lives the life of a hermit.

____

On edit: I was finally shock-free enough to go on my PC and post. I thought NextDoor was just a mobile app. Had I not been in shock, I would have been able to figure that out. That's why I'm thinking it's a good idea to have an "escape kit" on hand before something awful happens.

Last edited:

reeb

Oct 23, 2017
Media
Albums
Cape Town, South Africa
Parrots
Berry (♀ Cockatiel) hatched June 2017
Opal (♂ Budgie) hatched 13 August 2017
Pearl (♀ Budgie) hatched 15 August 2017
+ an aviary of 16 other budgies! all hatched 2014-2017
Wow, that is such good information! Thank you for this. I think it really helps to have a plan, and the continuous emphasis on positive visualisations is so important too.

Most Reactions

Latest posts