Good pellet brand for gcc?

Artchic528

Sep 3, 2020
Charlotte, NC
Parrots
2 Albino Parakeets, Jax and Jasmine
I’m currently using Zupreem Pure Fun mix as my seed mix, but is that any good? If not, what do you all recommend?

Please and Thanks!

zERo

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 9, 2021
Media
Texas
Parrots
Tony-Green QP(M)
Tom-Pineapple GCC(M)
Milly- Sparrow (F)
I don't recommend Zupreem due to the dyes they have in their pellets and the fact that the 5th ingredient is sugar.
Also corn, wheat and soy are filler ingredients, soy is probably the #1 culprit behind parrot hormones, corn very close behind due to the sugar content.
I use TOPs for my 9 parrots, they all love them and to me, they are the best pellet, they have to artificial vitamins, preservatives or minerals.
You can get a 10lb. bag of their pellets on their website for $37, if you order it on Amazon they WAAAY overcharge as much as double the price.
I can't recommend another pellet because I don't feel like any compare to TOPs.

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Of course pellet brands are sort of ranked by the ingredients and the additives , with Tops considered the best in that regard. There are lists on Parrotforums if you use the search feature.

However, the best pellet is the one that your parrot(s) will actually eat. I've tried them all and Salty will only eat the Roudybush ones, so for us they are the 'best'.

Most Reactions

Latest posts