Good perches?

Lady523

Apr 29, 2021
Hello everyone.

I am new to this forum and I got to say everything looks great!! My African Grey's nails are getting pretty long and after I get them filed I would like to get her a perch that would help her need fewer nail trimming as she gets stressed each time and I always feel terrible. I have been looking at the pedi-perch cement perch but then I heard that it can be dangerous when swallowed? She is a heavy chewer as any wood perch I give her she loves to destroy while standing on it and it worries me she might try to ingest the concrete. Then I found the sweet feet and beak safety pumice perch that is supposed to have one side Smooth and other parts rough to target the nails. The link below is of this perch.
https://www.trueloveaviary.com/swfebesapupe.html

I would like to know if anyone have had any experience with these perches and maybe the brands. Just want to get my grey a good perch that will make her feel like a queen on those feet. :grey:

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Yup, a good tool for 'helping' with nail growth. But one needs to understand that an occasional visit to one's Avian Medical Profession is a standard part of life with a Parrot.

Such perches you are looking at 'must' be placed so that the Parrot does not use the perch of choice as they will with time, cause a loss of skin on the bottom of the claw!

With hope this 'bump' will get your Post back-up on the Board!

noodles123

Jul 11, 2018
Parrots
Umbrella Cockatoo- 15? years old..I think?
These are fine- I use them. I still have to get my bird's nails trimmed, but it gives her the option to file her beak a little as she feels necessary.

OP
L

Lady523

Apr 29, 2021
Thank you very much for answering, I greatly appreciate it!! Yep I’m just trying to elongate the time between nail trims as she gets so stressed during the visits. I will definitely get them and fill up her cage with more perches. Thank you!!

Most Reactions

Latest posts