Zilaxia

Jun 19, 2021
Florida
Parrots
Female Lutino Cockatiel. Male Pied Cockatiel.
Lucy is gone. While I was at school my idiotic father decided to bring the bird cage outside and then OPEN THE CAGE DOOR TO MOVE SOMETHING INSIDE THE CAGE. So of course, Lucy flew out. He had the audacity to tell me the news while laughing and acting like I didn't even look at the bird anymore so I shouldn't be sad. I was the one who gave Lucy his baths, I was the one who gave Lucy actual good food when my family would always feed him seeds (AFTER I EXPLAINED TO THEM MULTIPLE TIMES THAT BIRDS CANNOT HAVE SEED EVERYDAY), I was the one who would take out Lucy and interact with him, play with him, and listen to music with him. Of course my dad never saw that because he never. ever. speaks with me. Please do not make excuses for my father as he is a horrible human being, instead, please hope that Lucy is doing good, wherever he is. To make this situation worse, I went through my neighborhood putting up posters about my missing bird, if by some miracle someone found him. What happened next was a grown man trying to get me to come to his house because he "had my bird", the image he sent me of "Lucy" was a random small gray bird that WAS OFF OF GOOGLE, needless to say I got angry. Also, I live in a gated community, and I put about 20 of these missing bird posters all around my community, 2 days later, I see that every poster has been ripped off of the trees, every. single. one. This has been a horrible experience. I hope Lucy is doing ok, wherever he may be. There are good news though, which I will be posting in a few minutes.

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
I am so sorry your bird is gone. I had to look because I had a Lucy.

Maybe you could put some posters in businesses or places more monitored so they canā€™t be taken down?

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month šŸ†
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 38-year-old Patagonian Conure
I offer my most, most, most heartfelt sympathy. I am so sorry. I will join you and others here in hoping and praying for the best. No matter what, Lucy holds your wondrous love in her little heart and soul, forever.

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
Lucy is gone. While I was at school my idiotic father decided to bring the bird cage outside and then OPEN THE CAGE DOOR TO MOVE SOMETHING INSIDE THE CAGE. So of course, Lucy flew out. He had the audacity to tell me the news while laughing and acting like I didn't even look at the bird anymore so I shouldn't be sad. I was the one who gave Lucy his baths, I was the one who gave Lucy actual good food when my family would always feed him seeds (AFTER I EXPLAINED TO THEM MULTIPLE TIMES THAT BIRDS CANNOT HAVE SEED EVERYDAY), I was the one who would take out Lucy and interact with him, play with him, and listen to music with him. Of course my dad never saw that because he never. ever. speaks with me. Please do not make excuses for my father as he is a horrible human being, instead, please hope that Lucy is doing good, wherever he is. To make this situation worse, I went through my neighborhood putting up posters about my missing bird, if by some miracle someone found him. What happened next was a grown man trying to get me to come to his house because he "had my bird", the image he sent me of "Lucy" was a random small gray bird that WAS OFF OF GOOGLE, needless to say I got angry. Also, I live in a gated community, and I put about 20 of these missing bird posters all around my community, 2 days later, I see that every poster has been ripped off of the trees, every. single. one. This has been a horrible experience. I hope Lucy is doing ok, wherever he may be. There are good news though, which I will be posting in a few minutes.
I am also wondering if you might need permission to post in your community? maybe if you jump through that hoop, file a missing pet report, etc, you can get the word out about Lucy? I wonder if you can report Lucy as missing or stolen because if you had posters up all over the person who has him is wrongly keeping him.

It seems really sh!tty that your dad was laughing when he told you this. The one thing I am wondering is if maybe he is ashamed underneath it all as I have seen people say very mean things and laugh. There is no way what was said could be funny or entertaining.

Anyhow I am very very sorry. I hope that your Lucy is being treated well and will be returned to you.
ā€œa smooch from Willow for youā€

Attachments

• C2B744D7-C3E2-426B-B3CF-208C6AA38E33.jpeg
    C2B744D7-C3E2-426B-B3CF-208C6AA38E33.jpeg
    156.7 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:
OP
Zilaxia

Zilaxia

Jun 19, 2021
Florida
Parrots
Female Lutino Cockatiel. Male Pied Cockatiel.
I am also wondering if you might need permission to post in your community? maybe if you jump through that hoop, file a missing pet report, etc, you can get the word out about Lucy? I wonder if you can report Lucy as missing or stolen because if you had posters up all over the person who has him is wrongly keeping him.

It seems really sh!tty that your dad was laughing when he told you this. The one thing I am wondering is if maybe he is ashamed underneath it all as I have seen people say very mean things and laugh. There is no way what was said could be funny or entertaining.

Anyhow I am very very sorry. I hope that your Lucy is being treated well and will be returned to you.
ā€œa smooch from Willow for youā€
The people who work in my gated community are ruthless greedy people who I have come across before and dealt with them, they are unpleasant people. The best I can do is go to different businesses and places outside of my community and put up more posters, which I will be doing. Thanks for Willows smooch <3

foxgloveparrot

Parrot of the Month šŸ†
Aug 30, 2021
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ziggy, Kai, and Seiji (blue, yellowface, and dilute budgies)
Jasper (yellow-naped amazon)
Lilla (senegal parrot)
Snowberry (yellow-crowned amazon)
Cricket (pacific parrotlet)
I am so, so sorry. I can only imagine how angry you must be and how painful this is. Me and my flock are praying for you. *virtual hugs*
But donā€™t give up just yet. Keep doing what youā€™re doing. Even though it feels like thereā€™s no hope, justā€¦try anyway.
ā¤ļøā¤ļø

BirdyBee

Jan 7, 2022
Media
Albums
South Africa
Parrots
Current birds:
John
Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
So sorry to hear about this. It really hurts when they fly away.

Vampiric_Conure

May 16, 2022
Media
Albums
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Parrots
Charlie (M) - 23 yrs - Peach Front Conure
Redshift (M)-22yrs - normal Cockatiel
Moon (M) - 2 ys - wf pied cockatiel
Chara (F)- 1 yr - wf pied cockatiel
AAAACK! **Sends long distance hugs** How horrid to be forced into such a situation :'(

Charlie and redshift send long distance nibbles, too!

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
The people who work in my gated community are ruthless greedy people who I have come across before and dealt with them, they are unpleasant people. The best I can do is go to different businesses and places outside of my community and put up more posters, which I will be doing. Thanks for Willows smooch <3
Iā€™m so sorry that you havenā€™t found her. Somehow I missed the alert on this thread.

I live in an apartment complex with unpleasant unhappy people, too. Iā€™m sorry you donā€™t have support and help to find your bird.

Iā€™m also sending a psychic smack down to your dad and the creep that tried to lure you to his house. Thatā€™s terrible.

I donā€™t know if youā€™ve got any good news since you posted last but if youā€™re willing, please let us know. I hope youā€™re ok.

Most Reactions