LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
They say that the flame that burns twice as bright, burns for only half as long.

From the day I brought her home I knew that Lilly would break my heart, I just hoped that it wouldn't be so soon. She was the little green angel who came into my life when I needed her the most, and she made me happy when nothing else could. She lived a life that was full of love, and her time with me was the greatest gift that I ever could have asked for. Now I am broken hearted again and can only hope that the memory of the love, laughter and joy that we shared will carry me through losing her.

Many of you will know how hyper-broody Lilly got during her annual breeding season. She was recently diagnosed with egg yolk peritonitis and, despite various examinations and treatments, follow up blood tests showed that the uric acid output from her kidneys was consistently increasing to dangerous levels, meaning she was heading for renal failure. She had surgery on January 13, but my sweet baby girl suffered heart arrhythmia while she was sedated. While she survived the procedure, she crashed upon recovery and died, despite the vet’s desperate efforts to save her. For the record, he is mortified about it too.

It was my honour, privilege and blessing to have been your mum even for such a short time, my sweet, fuzzy, vicious and violent, but oh so funny little girl. My pain and grief is the price that I must pay for having loved you so very much, but it’s worth it to have had you in my life. I endure it willingly and I’d do it all over again in a heartbeat. For you, my precious girlie, my Crown Princess, my lovely Lilly Pilly.

Godspeed to the Rainbow Bridge, my tiny green angel. I hope that there are endless bouquets of flowers filled with sweet nectar for you to graze upon up there in Heaven, my precious one. Your mummy and dadda will always, *always* love you.

UPlwoq3.jpg

"Do you know that I love you?
Do you know it for sure?
Do you know that I'll keep you
in my heart forevermore?"

animated-love-image-0568.gif

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Oh Honey, my heart breaks for you. With al the stories you have shared about precious Lilly Pilly, I feel as if I know her. She was such a feisty girl, flying around and letting you know she was the Princess in the house. Then all of a sudden she would stop, and come to give you the sweetest loving I have ever seen.
Lilly was filled with character, and though so tiny she had such a strong presence. A strong enough presence to reach across all the miles between us, and make me fall in love with her.

You gave her such an incredible life, and you are honestly the best Mama Parront I have ever known.
She came to you when you needed her most, but I also think that you came to her when she needed you most. I have no doubt that you gave her more time by your wonderful and loving care than she would have had with anyone else.

Sending prayers and much love to you, my Friend.

Fly free, sweet Lilly, you will be always remembered and always loved.

D

Deleted member 42416

Martina,
I am so sorry for your loss. I know I am new to the forum but I can certainly understand the love we have for our little ones. They do have souls, pure and bright, and we will see them again… and though the wait may be long, the reunion will be glorious.

Many prayers for you and your family πŸ™

May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
Stormy(M): blue Australian budgie
Picasso(F): green Australian budgie
Apollo(F): sky blue dominant pied Australian budgie
I'm so sorry. I have only known Lilly Pilly for a year, and I already feel as if I've known her for her whole life. She was a beloved member of this forum, and we will never forget her. She is the most royal highness, and this forum has been blessed to have her.

Godspeed, Lilly, may you rule all the birds on the other side of the rainbow bridge.

OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
Stormy(M): blue Australian budgie
Picasso(F): green Australian budgie
Apollo(F): sky blue dominant pied Australian budgie

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Dearest Martina, a hundred lifetimes inadequate to quench your love for an extraordinary soulful, beautiful Lilly. My heartfelt condolences for her passing, may you find comfort from an outpouring of love and indelibly imprinted memories.

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Passing of a Feathered Friend
Provided By: Steven (SailBoat), November 2016
"I Love Amazons" Thread, Amazon Forum

β€œAll of us feel such deep sadness when our Parrot friends die, and because they are Animals and not Humans, we are at a loss for words. Often, it is only other Parrot owners who can understand the depth of the loss that we feel with this complex, loyal, and loving creature. Resulting from such a loss, I have placed feelings and emotions into words and found verse to console the loss of my Cleo and since her, other sweet Amazons, in turn; I hope it will speak for all of you.” - Steven

You left this world so quickly. I can hardly comprehend your leaving. Yet there, in my hands, your still body rested β€” no longer your home. So much I have learned, so much you have taught, your purpose a full measure beyond your size. Comprehensions of your loss still a mist but yet, I know you are whole and happy - now beyond Rainbow Bridge. And so busy you must be upon your green wings, guiding angels to those of us yet to cross. With in my ear, I still hear you, those special sweet sounds of comfort and contentment:

β€œDo not stand by my grave and weep my friend.
I am not here. I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow.
I am the diamond glint on snow.
I am the gentle summer rain.
When you wake in the morning hush, I am the swift uplifting rush of quiet birds in circling flight.
I am the soft starlight at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry my friend.
I am not there. I did not die.”

My pray for you my beloved feathered friend:

β€œMay your body nourish this earth.
May your soul find release and contentment.
May you fly high and free upon wings of spirit.
Rest in peace little green one.”

The love and tender warmth of you is a un-full-fill-able void.
I do so much thank-you for creating a space for another, a special place next to yours’.

In remembrance of Cleo, (Estimated) Spring 1959 - May 2003
Amazon’s Have More Love!

Sources: Cheyenne Warrior Blessing, The Amazona Society’s Forum, Steven (SailBoat) Parrot Forum

foxgloveparrot

Parrot of the Month πŸ†
Aug 30, 2021
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ziggy, Kai, and Seiji (blue, yellowface, and dilute budgies)
Jasper (yellow-naped amazon)
Lilla (senegal parrot)
Snowberry (yellow-crowned amazon)
Cricket (pacific parrotlet)
What a horrible thread to wake up to. I'm so sorry. She will always have a place in your heart, and my heart, and the hearts of every member on the forums; losing them is never easy, but it's worth the joy they bring when they are alive. 🌹 β€οΈπŸ«‚

Niteldy

Oct 26, 2021
Media
Albums
Utah
Parrots
1 Alexandrine & 5 cockatiels
They say that the flame that burns twice as bright, burns only half as long.

From the day I brought her home I knew that Lilly would break my heart, I just hoped that it wouldn't be so soon. She was the little green angel who came into my life when I needed her the most, and she made me happy when nothing else could. She lived a life that was full of love, and her time with me was the greatest gift that I ever could have asked for. Now I am broken hearted again and can only hope that the memory of the love, laughter and joy that we shared will carry me through losing her.

Many of you will know how hyper-broody Lilly got during her annual breeding season. She was recently diagnosed with egg yolk peritonitis and, despite various examinations and treatments, follow up blood tests showed that the uric acid output from her kidneys was consistently increasing to dangerous levels, meaning she was heading for renal failure. She had surgery on January 13, but my sweet baby girl suffered heart arrhythmia while she was sedated. While she survived the procedure, she crashed upon recovery and died, despite the vet’s desperate efforts to save her. For the record, he is mortified about it too.

It was my honour, privilege and blessing to have been your mum even for such a short time, my sweet, funny, vicious and violent, fuzzy little girl. My pain and grief is the price that I must pay for having loved you so very much, but it’s worth it to have had you in my life. I endure it willingly and I’d do it all over again in a heartbeat. For you, my precious girlie, my Crown Princess, my lovely Lilly Pilly.

Godspeed to the Rainbow Bridge, my tiny green angel. I hope that there are endless bouquets of flowers filled with sweet nectar for you to graze upon up there in Heaven, my precious one. Your mummy and dadda will always, *always* love you.

UPlwoq3.jpg

"Do you know that I love you?
Do you know it for sure?
Do you know that I'll keep you
in my heart forevermore?"

animated-love-image-0568.gif
I am pretty new here, but not new to losing those I love, being a senior citizen and having loved many animals both large and small and family that went way to soon- I have learned one thing in my 66 years and being an Ordained Minister- YOU dear are special, one of Gods chosen Mothers. Bless you . God placed your little Angel Lilly
into your hands because he knew that only you could give her the love and care she would so desperately need. Your baby is now flying about in glory and will be waiting at the Rainbow Bridge for you. She wouldnt be happy if she knew you were hurt and tearful...Our babies know.

OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Friends, I want to thank you all so very much for your extraordinarily touching and heartwarming words. I would love to be able to respond to each post individually but in the interests of emotional self-preservation, that is just not possible. But I do want you all to know how very much they are appreciated, and how much YOU are so very much appreciated too.

This last week has been so unimaginably awful and the only thing that has kept me afloat, apart from the love of my dear husband, has been the outpouring of support and phenomenal kindness from this community. That's the true value and strength of a forum like this, where we can come together and celebrate the good times, and support and commiserate with one another in the bad. They've been pretty bad around here this last week or so too, and very sadly not just for me. As much as it was a blessing to have been Lilly's mum, it is also a blessing to be part of this amazing community. All of you are so very special and I could not have made it this far in such good shape without you - "good" being a relative term here of course, in that I've been largely able to remain upright and at least partially functional rather than just dissolving into a helpless puddle of tears on the floor the whole time.

Thank you all, from the bottom of my bruised and aching heart ❀️

Last edited:

Skarila

Parrot of the Month πŸ†
2021 Parrot of the Year πŸ†
Apr 19, 2021
Media
Albums
Hungary
Parrots
✻Csillam the rescued budgie
✻Pascal the Emma's (Venezuelan) Conure

Previous owned:
✻Archibald the cockatiel (fostered 6 months)
✻RIP - 28 YO Zeleni the mischievous IRN
✻RIP -Sunny the budgie
My hear broke as soon as I read the tittle...

I am so devastated to hear Lilly Pilly leaving so soon... We all know how much you adored her and how much she loved you back. You did and gave her everything that a spoilt little happy fluff could ever ask for. My heart goes out for you, Martina.

Fly high, little princess!

texsize

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month πŸ†
Oct 23, 2015
Media
so-cal
Parrots
1 YNA (Bingo)
1 OWA (Plumas R.I.P.)
1 RLA (Pacho R.I.P.)
2 GCA(Luna,Merlin) The Twins
1 Congo AG (Bella)
5 Cockatiels
I am so sorry for your loss.
I know no words can possibly make up for your pain.
wes

Most Reactions

Latest posts