Goodnight, my precious little Princess 💔

Kentuckienne

Supporting Vendor
Oct 9, 2016
Middle of nowhere (kentuckianna)
Parrots
Roommates include Gus, Blue and gold macaw rescue and Coco, secondhand amazon
I feel the Lilly-shaped void all the way over here. I know that from where you stand, it must be solid and huge, and follow you from room to room. I’m sorrowed by the thought, and I wish I had some kind of words that could carry comfort, but all my words are sieves now. You must have had many wonderful moments together, and one day those will begin to trickle back in to fill the void. I know you know this, but I say it anyway as someone who has also met that void: love never dies. Your love for her is part of you, and because of you that love is now also part of us. Thank you for sharing her, and may your tender heart find hope and healing soon.

mistynou

Jul 30, 2012
Media
They say that the flame that burns twice as bright, burns only half as long.

From the day I brought her home I knew that Lilly would break my heart, I just hoped that it wouldn't be so soon. She was the little green angel who came into my life when I needed her the most, and she made me happy when nothing else could. She lived a life that was full of love, and her time with me was the greatest gift that I ever could have asked for. Now I am broken hearted again and can only hope that the memory of the love, laughter and joy that we shared will carry me through losing her.

Many of you will know how hyper-broody Lilly got during her annual breeding season. She was recently diagnosed with egg yolk peritonitis and, despite various examinations and treatments, follow up blood tests showed that the uric acid output from her kidneys was consistently increasing to dangerous levels, meaning she was heading for renal failure. She had surgery on January 13, but my sweet baby girl suffered heart arrhythmia while she was sedated. While she survived the procedure, she crashed upon recovery and died, despite the vet’s desperate efforts to save her. For the record, he is mortified about it too.

It was my honour, privilege and blessing to have been your mum even for such a short time, my sweet, fuzzy, vicious and violent, but oh so funny little girl. My pain and grief is the price that I must pay for having loved you so very much, but it’s worth it to have had you in my life. I endure it willingly and I’d do it all over again in a heartbeat. For you, my precious girlie, my Crown Princess, my lovely Lilly Pilly.

Godspeed to the Rainbow Bridge, my tiny green angel. I hope that there are endless bouquets of flowers filled with sweet nectar for you to graze upon up there in Heaven, my precious one. Your mummy and dadda will always, *always* love you.

UPlwoq3.jpg

"Do you know that I love you?
Do you know it for sure?
Do you know that I'll keep you
in my heart forevermore?"

animated-love-image-0568.gif
so sorry. 😢

MissMac

Dec 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Parrots
Females, Lutino Indian Ringneck Missy and Silver Lavender IRN Gracie.
They say that the flame that burns twice as bright, burns only half as long.

From the day I brought her home I knew that Lilly would break my heart, I just hoped that it wouldn't be so soon. She was the little green angel who came into my life when I needed her the most, and she made me happy when nothing else could. She lived a life that was full of love, and her time with me was the greatest gift that I ever could have asked for. Now I am broken hearted again and can only hope that the memory of the love, laughter and joy that we shared will carry me through losing her.

Many of you will know how hyper-broody Lilly got during her annual breeding season. She was recently diagnosed with egg yolk peritonitis and, despite various examinations and treatments, follow up blood tests showed that the uric acid output from her kidneys was consistently increasing to dangerous levels, meaning she was heading for renal failure. She had surgery on January 13, but my sweet baby girl suffered heart arrhythmia while she was sedated. While she survived the procedure, she crashed upon recovery and died, despite the vet’s desperate efforts to save her. For the record, he is mortified about it too.

It was my honour, privilege and blessing to have been your mum even for such a short time, my sweet, fuzzy, vicious and violent, but oh so funny little girl. My pain and grief is the price that I must pay for having loved you so very much, but it’s worth it to have had you in my life. I endure it willingly and I’d do it all over again in a heartbeat. For you, my precious girlie, my Crown Princess, my lovely Lilly Pilly.

Godspeed to the Rainbow Bridge, my tiny green angel. I hope that there are endless bouquets of flowers filled with sweet nectar for you to graze upon up there in Heaven, my precious one. Your mummy and dadda will always, *always* love you.

UPlwoq3.jpg

"Do you know that I love you?
Do you know it for sure?
Do you know that I'll keep you
in my heart forevermore?"

animated-love-image-0568.gif
My heart aches for your loss hun. No words can make it any easier. She was an Angel amongst us as she already had wings, now they are bigger and impossibly more beautiful, allowing Lilly to fly to you often, to be with you and to tell you, she is not gone, you just can't see her...
Biggest hugs, to bolster your healing. xxx

Farnoosh

Aug 7, 2020
Vancouver, BC
Parrots
Paisley, pineapple green cheek born February 12, 2021, and
Daisy the most beautiful Pineapple green cheek, currently flying in paradise RIP February 2, 2020 – August 14, 2021
My dearest Martina,
I can't stop crying. What you have written is so beautiful and touching. The photo of her shows not only her graceful beauty, but in the eyes of my beloved niece I see more depth than I have seen in a human being. She was blessed to be with you in her short life, and you are blessed to have been touched by such precious *Love* that only selected few who have been chosen by these little angels have felt. My deepest condolences. She flies peacefully now with her friends on the other side as she watches over you forever 🌈 🥀

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
Friends, I want to thank you all so very much for your extraordinarily touching and heartwarming words. I would love to be able to respond to each post individually but in the interests of emotional self-preservation, that is just not possible. But I do want you all to know how very much they are appreciated, and how much YOU are so very much appreciated too.

This last week has been so unimaginably awful and the only thing that has kept me afloat, apart from the love of my dear husband, has been the outpouring of support and phenomenal kindness from this community. That's the true value and strength of a forum like this, where we can come together and celebrate the good times, and support and commiserate with one another in the bad. They've been pretty bad around here this last week or so too, and very sadly not just for me. As much as it was a blessing to have been Lilly's mum, it is also a blessing to be part of this amazing community. All of you are so very special and I could not have made it this far in such good shape without you - "good" being a relative term here of course, in that I've been largely able to remain upright and at least partially functional rather than just dissolving into a helpless puddle of tears on the floor the whole time.

Thank you all, from the bottom of my bruised and aching heart ❤️
I am so sorry to hear this. My Lucy Quaker had egg yolk peritonitis but we caught it in time and somehow saved her with Lupron, antibiotics, and lots of supportive care, hand feeding, fluids, etc.
Lily was a very pretty little bird and looks like quite an angelic bird in her photos. She will be waiting for you with all our missed and waiting departed bird friends.

Chrissiejingles

Nov 21, 2019
ENGLAND
Parrots
Mr Jingles OWA.....RIP
I'm so sorry for your loss.
What a little beauty and how lovely that you found each other. It is clear she had a wonderful life with you.
The grief we feel when we lose our little feathered friends is massive....it matches the love we have for them.
I still feel so sad after losing my little man two years ago, yet the love we shared is still with me.
Your little Lily will be in your heart for always

Thinking of you

jenniferdiane

May 13, 2014
😭😭😭😭
Rest in Peace, my cute Aussie niece Lilly.😢💔
I had tears in my eyes during writing it, really....:cry:
we lost our ollie and i know how your feeling there is a massive pain in my heart and cannot stop crying if i could take my ollie place i would i miss him so much big personality he had and my second shadow literally i couldn't even go into the bath without him coming to guard me i feel for you :cry::cry::cry:

Most Reactions

Latest posts