Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
OK, this is just a crazy but fun idea I had. Basically, you can find a bird care post here or on the internet(or make your own), take one paragraph, put it in google translate 20 times(in at least 10 different languages ) and post it here.

You can also use bird-related paragraphs

For example, here is a paragraph in my diet thread:

"Fruit are also quite important to birds. Overfeed it and they can get obese, get kidney problems, heart problems, etc. Underfeeding it can be bad as well, as they still do need some form of sugar. Typically, Birds should have 10% fruit only. It's best to give it only 2-3 times a week."

And here it is translated 20 times:

"These fruits are great for birds. it's a lot of food, it's long and slow, all of this is not hard, because you still need sugar. Birds usually only produce 10% fruit, it is recommended to use 2-3 times a week."

(WHAT THE HECK JUST HAPPENED HERE:ROFLMAO:)

RULES:

Translated paragraphs from threads in bereavement and remembrance is off limits as well as any post asking for help.

No more/less than one paragraph can be translated, otherwise, if you use only 1-2 sentences it most likely won't work that well, and very long paragraphs can overcomplicate stuff. Use at least 3 sentences, 6 max.

Most importantly, HAVE FUN!! ;)
Edit: you can translate as much text as you want! Just.. please don't go translating a whole post/article

Last edited:

Rozalka

May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Bourke's parrots, green cheeked conure
It's a paragraph from my thread "Parrot care - US vs Europe":
"From what I read here you have to reasons why they are bad: some of them are so deadly and all of them may increase hormonal problems. The first reason also is here in Europe - to avoid famous happy huts. But... some Europeans say caiques, conures and some lorikeets must have a place for sleep. So here are done parrot tents from the safe material or given nest box even alone parrots."

After google translating 20 times:
"Here are some of the downsides I read here: Some of them are very powerful and can boost your hormones. The first reason in Europe was the demolition of a well-known tent. But ... Some whites have dates, lemons, and some cars say they need a place to sleep. Kuti. Steam tents are made of protective material or nest boxes specially designed to form parrots."

What the...??!!! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

OP
BirdyBee

BirdyBee

Jan 7, 2022
Media
Albums
South Africa
Parrots
Current birds:
John
Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
this is from my cage thread:

"A bird's cage is like a room is for you. They shouldn't be left in there all day, but instead they should use it when they want to eat, play with their toys, sleep, etc. or when you can't supervise them. Birds need to get AT LEAST 2-3 hours outside of their cage"

Translated:

"The zoo is not your room. Of course, if you are hungry every day, you will want to play and sleep. The playground takes at least 1-2 hours."

WHAT THE HECK THIS IS THE FUNNIEST ONE SO FAR 🤣😂 HAHAHAHAAA

Rozalka

May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Does it have to be bird care related? With each parrot related text we may have a lot fan ;)
Here's from my parrot mini-encyclopedia:
(about Psephotellus, Bourkes, grass parrots)
"In general these parakeets are calm. Some species are so quiet and their voice is friendly. Some people say that red rumped parrots are the best parrot singers.
They are hard to tame."

Translated:
"Many of these parrots stay. Very beautiful and sounds cool. Some say that Lal is the best singer. They are difficult to control."

OP
BirdyBee

BirdyBee

Jan 7, 2022
Media
Albums
South Africa
Parrots
Current birds:
John
Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
Does it have to be bird care related? With each parrot related text we may have a lot fan ;)
Here's from my parrot mini-encyclopedia:
(about Psephotellus, Bourkes, grass parrots)
"In general these parakeets are calm. Some species are so quiet and their voice is friendly. Some people say that red rumped parrots are the best parrot singers.
They are hard to tame."

Translated:
"Many of these parrots stay. Very beautiful and sounds cool. Some say that Lal is the best singer. They are difficult to control."
I LOVE THIS GAME!

No, I think it should just be bird-related.

Last edited:

Rozalka

May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
XD I LOVE THIS GAME

no, I think is should just be bird-related.
Me too! So far we've learnt that:
  • Birds produce 10% fruit
  • some whites have dates
  • lemons and some cars need a place to sleep
  • zoo is not your room
  • if you are hungry every day, you will want to play and sleep
  • Lal is the best singer (who is Lal? :ROFLMAO:)
  • grass parrots are difficult to control
LMAO! :ROFLMAO:
:ROFLMAO:

OP
BirdyBee

BirdyBee

Jan 7, 2022
Media
Albums
South Africa
Parrots
Current birds:
John
Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
YES! very informative! Thanks google translate!☺️

OP
BirdyBee

BirdyBee

Jan 7, 2022
Media
Albums
South Africa
Parrots
Current birds:
John
Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
This comes from my unsafe products guide:

"Plastic/dowel perches almost always come with a cage(I've only once seen a large parrot cage having only natural perches!). Both options are TERRIBLE for your bird's feet, plastic being the worst. They are way too smooth and can cause deadly infections, pressure sores, and even arthritis!! If you have plastic perches, please get rid of them."

Translated:

"Fill the board (like a big paper bag!) Fill the board / card with plastic. Bad choice for bird paws and bad plastic. This can cause weakness, pain, weight loss and arthritis! If there is a plastic cover, remove it."

Last edited:

Rozalka

May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Lol! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

It's from my Parrot mini-encyclopedia again. This time about macaws:
"
They are the biggest parrots (the biggest three species: hyacinth, green-winged and Buffon's macaws).
Except taxonomic classification, there also is a division by their size. Mini-macaws are much smaller and are easier to care for (but they still aren't easy).
The voice is loud."

After translation:
"These are the largest parrots (the three largest fruit species are Macao Verde and Macao Verde). In addition to evaluation scores, there are several criteria. The Macau Mini is small and easy to use (no). His voice was loud."

Interesting how Google translator makes the sentences shorter - there was "but they still aren't easy" and now just "no".

Last edited:

Kentuckienne

Supporting Vendor
Oct 9, 2016
Middle of nowhere (kentuckianna)
Parrots
Roommates include Gus, Blue and gold macaw rescue and Coco, secondhand amazon
Am I a worry-wart? I think the posts are funny, but I worry about someone not realizing they are jokes. We get a lot of new users who found PF because they have a sick bird or other emergency and are frantically looking for help. I hate to have misinformation on the site, even if it’s clearly in a “humor” forum.

Inko-ai

Oct 11, 2021
Media
Albums
Parrots
Budgies - Sprite & Marshmallow
Am I a worry-wart? I think the posts are funny, but I worry about someone not realizing they are jokes. We get a lot of new users who found PF because they have a sick bird or other emergency and are frantically looking for help. I hate to have misinformation on the site, even if it’s clearly in a “humor” forum.
I do see your point, but these sentences don't make any sense at all, and they're not really about serious bird health, so I don't think it should be an issue.

Inko-ai

Oct 11, 2021
Media
Albums
Parrots
This is from my entry in the POTM contest:

This is one of the first pictures I took of my budgies, two days after I brought them home. They were very scared, and stuck close together. Even when they were little, they were already very closely bonded, and looked to each other for comfort.
I took things very slowly with them, and earned their trust, bit by bit. After about two weeks, they were eating millet out of my hand, and would even step up. The amount of joy and accomplishment I felt, was absolutely incredible.

Google translate:

This is one of the first pictures I took two days after I took home the parakeet. They intervened because they were so frightened. From a young age, they were already very attached and seeking comfort from each other. Gradually I brought things with them and gradually I gained trust. About two weeks later, I ate a pomegranate and progressed further. The level of happiness and success I felt was truly amazing.

OP
BirdyBee

BirdyBee

Jan 7, 2022
Media
Albums
South Africa
Parrots
Current birds:
John
Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
This is from my entry in the POTM contest:

This is one of the first pictures I took of my budgies, two days after I brought them home. They were very scared, and stuck close together. Even when they were little, they were already very closely bonded, and looked to each other for comfort.
I took things very slowly with them, and earned their trust, bit by bit. After about two weeks, they were eating millet out of my hand, and would even step up. The amount of joy and accomplishment I felt, was absolutely incredible.

Google translate:

This is one of the first pictures I took two days after I took home the parakeet. They intervened because they were so frightened. From a young age, they were already very attached and seeking comfort from each other. Gradually I brought things with them and gradually I gained trust. About two weeks later, I ate a pomegranate and progressed further. The level of happiness and success I felt was truly amazing.
well, it was close, till the last part bout the pomegranate

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Hey don't knock Google Translate. I use it every day, translating between English and Mandarin (Chinese). Yes, I have to 'wash' the paragraphs back and forth a few times, to make sure what the Chinese says is exactly what I am trying to convey (which is often very technical), but eventually by tweaking the wording I get them conrrect. Modern global business would really suffer a lot if Google translate did not work so well. Really is a marvel of modern programing.

Here is the Mandarin of the above:
嘿,不要敲谷歌翻译。 我每天都使用它,在英语和普通话(中文)之间进行翻译。 是的,我必须来回“清洗”段落几次,以确保中文所说的正是我想要传达的内容(这通常是非常技术性的),但最终通过调整措辞我得到了正确的 . 如果谷歌翻译不能很好地运作,现代全球商业真的会受到很大影响。 真是现代编程的奇迹。

And here is the reverse translation:

Hey, don't knock google translate. I use it every day, translating between English and Mandarin (Chinese). Yes, I had to "clean" the paragraph back and forth a few times to make sure the Chinese was saying exactly what I wanted to convey (which is often very technical), but in the end by tweaking the wording I got it right. If google translate Not working well, modern global commerce really suffers a lot. What a miracle of modern programming.

And no washing involved. I think it got it mostly right. It does however make some pretty stupid mistakes sometimes. Notice how it did not get the tense correct, changing present tense 'have' to past tense 'had', 'get' to '.got'.

OP
BirdyBee

BirdyBee

Jan 7, 2022
Media
Albums
South Africa
Parrots
Current birds:
John
Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
This is just meant to be a joke. That's why I translated it 20+ times to get it confused.
Hey don't knock Google Translate. I use it every day, translating between English and Mandarin (Chinese). Yes, I have to 'wash' the paragraphs back and forth a few times, to make sure what the Chinese says is exactly what I am trying to convey (which is often very technical), but eventually by tweaking the wording I get them conrrect. Modern global business would really suffer a lot if Google translate did not work so well. Really is a marvel of modern programing.

Here is the Mandarin of the above:
嘿,不要敲谷歌翻译。 我每天都使用它,在英语和普通话(中文)之间进行翻译。 是的,我必须来回“清洗”段落几次,以确保中文所说的正是我想要传达的内容(这通常是非常技术性的),但最终通过调整措辞我得到了正确的 . 如果谷歌翻译不能很好地运作,现代全球商业真的会受到很大影响。 真是现代编程的奇迹。

And here is the reverse translation:

Hey, don't knock google translate. I use it every day, translating between English and Mandarin (Chinese). Yes, I had to "clean" the paragraph back and forth a few times to make sure the Chinese was saying exactly what I wanted to convey (which is often very technical), but in the end by tweaking the wording I got it right. If google translate Not working well, modern global commerce really suffers a lot. What a miracle of modern programming.

And no washing involved. I think it got it mostly right. It does however make some pretty stupid mistakes sometimes. Notice how it did not get the tense correct, changing present tense 'have' to past tense 'had', 'get' to '.got'.

Inko-ai

Oct 11, 2021
Media
Albums
Parrots
This one is from my introduction thread:

Hello everyone! I'm brand new to the forum, and relatively new to parrots. I got my budgies, Sprite and Marshmallow, last December.
I have a lot of other pets too. I have 10 chickens (including two roosters), fish, and a bunny named Chili.
I'm so glad to have found this forum, and I can't wait to explore the site and get to know you all!

Google translate:

Congratulations to everyone! I was young on stage and a bit small for parrots. Last December, I became friends, Spreet and Marshalls. I have many other animals. I have ten chickens (including two bitters), one fish and one called pepper. I'm very happy to find this site and I can't wait to see this site and find you all!

It's not too bad, but I love how it changed, "Hello everyone" to "Congratulations to everyone". Like, congratulations to everyone! I'm am now going to grace you with my presence. 👸😂

Rozalka

May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
From my "parrot mini-encyclopedia" about subfamily Psittacinae (African parrots):
Two genera belong to Psittacinae: Psittacus and Poicephalus.
Timneh & Congo grey parrots (Psittacus) are one of the most intelligent parrots (however they aren't "number 1") and one of the species with the best mimicry skills (next to Amazons). If you decide to keep them you have to remember their negative features and they won't always learn to talk. They often are attached to just one owner.
Poicephalus parrots are quite quiet (remember, it is a relative concept - they also scream). The most common species of this genus is the Senegal parrot.

After translation:
"There are two types of psittacinae: Psittacus and Poicephalus. Timne and Congo Macuit (Psittacus) are the most intelligent monkeys (although the "No. 1" monkeys are not (according to Amazon)). This applies to individuals. Poicephalic animals are very stable (remember this line - name). The most common of these species is Senegal."
What?! How parrots became monkeys?! :ROFLMAO:

Note: The game is to use translate google 20 times (at least 10 languages). Then the results are funny.

Inko-ai

Oct 11, 2021
Media
Albums
Parrots
Here is something I wrote a while ago, not in a post, but it's about budgies.

Because budgies are very intelligent, they can get bored easily. To prevent this, they should have a lot a toys that they can use to occupy their time. Plastic toys are okay, but the best toys are shredding toys and foraging toys.

Google translate:
Black is so good that it's easy to spread. To avoid this, we need more games that we can use to waste time. Playing with plastic toys is great, but playing toys frustrated with food is a great game.

This isn't even close!

Ramble

Jul 4, 2019
Now in the beautiful Midwest!
Parrots
Bertie, the feisty, 17-yr-old, road-trippin’, green cheek conure
Lol- this could be addictive! This is one of the posts I did-

Original: Bertie and I road-tripped from California to Illinois last year. I just got a parakeet cage to use as her travel cage and seat-belted it in. The only time she complained was when I covered her up…otherwise she thoroughly enjoyed the view! Motels were very amenable to her in the room, so we didn’t have to sleep in the car.

Translation mutation: California California California and RrookEcoro. I have magic to use in my local tourists. Just once, when we see in! Feelings are very proper, so we don’t sleep a car.

Apparently, Californians are so magical, we get translated three times!😆

Ramble

Jul 4, 2019
Now in the beautiful Midwest!
Parrots
Bertie, the feisty, 17-yr-old, road-trippin’, green cheek conure
Here is something I wrote a while ago, not in a post, but it's about budgies.

Because budgies are very intelligent, they can get bored easily. To prevent this, they should have a lot a toys that they can use to occupy their time. Plastic toys are okay, but the best toys are shredding toys and foraging toys.

Google translate:
Black is so good that it's easy to spread. To avoid this, we need more games that we can use to waste time. Playing with plastic toys is great, but playing toys frustrated with food is a great game.

This isn't even close!
I do agree we need more games to waste time, though!

Most Reactions

Latest posts