Got any recipes using pellets?

Rrrma

Jul 22, 2010
USA
Parrots
see signature
I bought way too many pellets of a certain brand and although the birds will eat them, they are the last thing to be picked out of the bowl.

I tried making bird bread, but I think I messed that up as I didn't follow any kind of recipe.

I'd love to use these up as the base in something like a bread or cookie though. So do any of you have any recipes for using up your pellets?

_Cass_

Mar 4, 2010
Calgary, AB
Parrots
Toulouse- Cinnamon Green Cheeked Conure
Apple Rice Suprise

2 cups cooked brown rice
1 cup soaked pellets
1 1/2 cups mixed veggies
handful of walnuts
1 apple, cored

Put apple, veggies and walnuts through food processor til finely chopped, then mix with rest.
Stuff mix into ice cube trays and freeze, then put cubes into zip-lock bags.
nuke cube for 30 seconds

I always make this for Toulouse! she loves it :D

Spiritbird

Banned
Banned
Aug 20, 2009
Media
FYI If you want to you can freeze the pellets for use later. I do keep mine frozen until ready for use, then I keep in the refigerator as the manufacturer says in the bag. It is a good idea to keep most bird food cold except seeds.

OP
Rrrma

Rrrma

Jul 22, 2010
USA
Parrots
see signature
Thanks. I don't have room in my fridge/freezer for them. I bought a 25lbs bag :eek: lol!

I was thinking of trying the bread again, ground pellets, pureed veggies/fruit, and an egg or two.

They are eating on the bread I made, but it is extremely dense(pureed pellets and fruits/veggies, nothing else), so they can't eat very much.

Bobby34231

Jun 25, 2010
Media
Albums
Sarasota,Florida
Parrots
Quincy - Blue Throated Macaw, Skittles and Dusty - Rose Breasted Too's,
Joey - Yellow Crown Amazon, Ashley - CAG
Good thread Sara, and thanks for the recipe Cass, think I'll give it a try this week :)

Most Reactions

Latest posts