Dec 9, 2021
Media
Texas
Parrots
Tony-Green QP(M)
Tom-Pineapple GCC(M)
Milly- Sparrow (F)
Since there's not a smell of your bird sub forum! Lol

Anyway, for GCC owners, or maybe other birds but out of the four species only my GCC Tom is who I've noticed this on.
He has this smell, always has, and after a bath it gets worse for the first day then the next it's lessened.
It's sweet and musty and on days when he's taken 2 days between baths it gets slightly sour?
That's the best way I can describe it, does anyone else notice a permanent smell on their bird?
I mean I like it, lol, just wondering 😊

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
I remember my gcc as being kind of dusty or sneeze inducing. Then again I was hazarding my nose to get that close to him and did not often smell him.

OP
zERo

zERo

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 9, 2021
Media
Texas
Parrots
Tony-Green QP(M)
Tom-Pineapple GCC(M)
Milly- Sparrow (F)
I remember my gcc as being kind of dusty or sneeze inducing. Then again I was hazarding my nose to get that close to him and did not often smell him.
I guess I'm so aware of his smell because he always cuddles against my face lol, but he's not really dusty.

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
I guess I'm so aware of his smell because he always cuddles against my face lol, but he's not really dusty.
That is always nice! Willow cuddles against my face but Oscar did not.

OP
zERo

zERo

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 9, 2021
Media
Texas
Parrots
Tony-Green QP(M)
Tom-Pineapple GCC(M)
Milly- Sparrow (F)
That is always nice! Willow cuddles against my face but Oscar did not.
Yeah, it would be hazardous to my face if I tried to do that with my Quaker though! 🤣

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
Contrasting bird personalities. Willow is a Quaker and loves to be sniffed.

onamom

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 9, 2022
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ona: Dilute Green Cheek Conure
Interesting, I’ve never noticed a musty smell on Ona. She also loves baths though and usually bathes every one to two days. To me she always smells kinda sweet and fresh and like what she’s just eaten. She smells the best after she’s just eaten some veggies. I sniff her a lot 😂 she just likes the attention and doesn’t mind.

OP
zERo

zERo

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 9, 2021
Media
Texas
Parrots
Tony-Green QP(M)
Tom-Pineapple GCC(M)
Milly- Sparrow (F)
Interesting, I’ve never noticed a musty smell on Ona. She also loves baths though and usually bathes every one to two days. To me she always smells kinda sweet and fresh and like what she’s just eaten. She smells the best after she’s just eaten some veggies. I sniff her a lot 😂 she just likes the attention and doesn’t mind.
I mean, it's not a bad or dirty smell at least, I've been following your thread, your little Ona is so cute!

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
I think Willow usually smells like linen dried on a clothesline in the sun. Slightly floral and crisp and good.

Jasper (Meyers) has pellet breath, but Jasper is a very regurgy sort of parrot.

Stitchthestitch

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 9, 2020
Manchester, uk
Parrots
Albie - Pineapple Green Cheek Conure - Hatch date 14 Dec 2019 - Gotcha date - 4 March 2020
Albie smells like what ever he eats , so right now he smells like bell peppers .

When hes Bathed and still wet , he smells worse than a wet dog (and apparently i smelt like wet dog today according to mr.stitch hahah) but then smells sweet and almost spicey once hes dried i love how he smells

lgallagher

Oct 16, 2022
Media
Parrots
Conure: Edward Van Halen (Hatched 03.2022)
Since there's not a smell of your bird sub forum! Lol

Anyway, for GCC owners, or maybe other birds but out of the four species only my GCC Tom is who I've noticed this on.
He has this smell, always has, and after a bath it gets worse for the first day then the next it's lessened.
It's sweet and musty and on days when he's taken 2 days between baths it gets slightly sour?
That's the best way I can describe it, does anyone else notice a permanent smell on their bird?
I mean I like it, lol, just wondering 😊
I have two and each one has their own distinct smell. You are right to say it's a musky kind of odor that isn't unpleasant. In fact, I kind of like that they are individuals.
Lori

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
Well, I have had three Quaker parakeets and they’ve all smelled differently.

Most Reactions

Latest posts