:green: Eclectus age 9 named Jack

JackTheEclectus

Jul 11, 2013
Media
England UK
Parrots
Eclectus named Jack age 9 years
:green: Jack has been with me for three weeks now.
I used to have a Green Amazon - Polly (who I later realised was a male!) and he was most definitely a One-Woman Parrot. Polly used to sing and dance (Tango) and always said Hello when I or a member of the family came in.
I miss him greatly.
Now a friend, who has moved to a small retirement flat, has given me Jack - a nine year old male Eclectus Parrot - and what a different personality he has to Polly - but that is as far as I will go in comparing them.
Jack is so gentle and loving and amazingly has over 200 phrases and words - which he often shares - just at the appropriate time... I am amazed at how intelligent he is and how he likes everyone!
I have been writing down all these things he says since the day I got him and he is still coming out with something I have not heard before every day :) Plus he is now saying a couple of things that he has learned from me, he has picked up my laugh and sadly my husband has taught him a really shrill whistle which we will now ignore in the hope he will forget it!
We are his third owners - Jack was one of a pair of birds originally that a single man had bought to breed, but after two years he found they did not get on and sold them on to two separate owners.
I have been reading a book that is helping me know what to feed him and he has settled in very well. We did have one setback when he did not have enough sleep - I now realise that he needs about 10-12 hours a day.
What a blessing Jack is - I look forward to telling you how we get on in the coming weeks & months and hopefully learning from other Members here.
Thank You for this Forum.

sodakat

Jul 15, 2009
Hello! One of my boys is named Jackie. He does not talk, but is probably my most beautiful male as far as looks go. Quite a few of mine do talk so Jackie being fairly silent is a blessing at times. :)

kendrafitz

Jul 14, 2012
Central NJ
Parrots
Rosie the Green Winged Macaw
Hello and welcome! Congrats to you and Jack for finding each other. :)

I love ekkies, they are just gorgeous, smart birds. Looking forward to reading all about your adventures.

Most Reactions