green wing macaw baby wanted in Nor-Cal

MacawFan512

Aug 14, 2022
Hello - Can anyone point me in the direction of a green wing macaw breeder in Nor-Cal? Looking for a hand fed fully weaned baby. Thanks!!!

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Breeders are becoming ever more rare and good breeders are far between.
May I recommend that you consider an Adult Mac as they tend to be far more common these days. Check with your Avian Vet for Mac's they are aware of. Also Rescues in your area.

NOTE: Letting the Parrot choose you is strongly recommended with Larger Parrots as developing a Trust Bond occurs much faster when they choose you. That does require being open to different Mac's and possible a different large Parrot.

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Well said 'Boats. Plus, baby and pre-pubescent parrots often go thru a complete personality change after the first hormone season, that cute clingy baby turning into its final personality setting. It is, as they say, a crap shoot. Adult parrots are not going to go thru a whole revamping of how they act.

Cottonoid

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 20, 2022
Welcome to the forums!

There's a Green Wing at the sanctuary where I volunteer and he's the sweetest ham :) I'm in the Midwest so I don't know of west coast breeders, but good luck on your search!

Most Reactions

Latest posts