Greetings from Parrots on the Plateau!

EmmyJordan

Jan 8, 2019
Boondocks of TN
Parrots
Three African Grays Jasper,Tilly and Elliot
A double yellow headed Amazon Keegan and a parakeet Milo
Hello from Tennessee! My husband named our house after visiting Parrot Mountain in Gatlinburg, lol. We live on Tn's Cumberland plateau so there you go. We have 3 African Grays one Congo Jasper and the others 2 are Timnehs Tilly and Elliot, one parakeet Milo who has decided his place in life is to sit with Jasper and make sure she behaves.Our Scarlet Macaw Dolly passed away last year, everyone was devastated including Jasper which is why she likes Milos company so much. I have Elliot on my shoulder right now,he is learning manners,like don't shove your whole head in my mouth when I kiss you. We got Tilly and Elliot on Craigslist back in October, in our search for another macaw we got these guys. Elliot is 8 ,the family got him from a rescue and didn't have time for him. Tilly is at least 35 and they didn't know her history,but boy does she live to sing and laugh! We did just find out Tilly was wild caught. Now we have Keegan a double yellow head Amazon , we got him a week ago and he seems to be settling in great, apart from a full blown tantrum when I put him to bed last night,he wanted to stay up and socialize with Elliot, he forgave me and wanted a head scratch a couple hours later when I checked on him. Anyway I hope to learn much from this forum and I already have!

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Welcome to you and your growing menagerie!

My deepest condolences for your loss of Dolly.

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Hello and welcome, so glad you joined us! Your flock sounds delightful. We'd love to see photos and hear more about the bird's of Cumberland Plateau.

Deepest condolences for the loss of your Dolly.

Most Reactions

Latest posts