Greetings!

ILSSAH

Jan 15, 2023
Parrots
Cockatiel
Hi! It's nice to meet you all. I'm a brand new. Cockatiel owner (his name is Mantis) and I joined up here to lurk and ask the occasional question. I'm looking forward to my new life as a bird keeper and I hope to post lots of cute bird picks in the future!

PXL_20230115_175310294.jpg

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Hi! It's nice to meet you all. I'm a brand new. Cockatiel owner (his name is Mantis) and I joined up here to lurk and ask the occasional question. I'm looking forward to my new life as a bird keeper and I hope to post lots of cute bird picks in the future!

View attachment 46910
Welcome to the forums, it's great to have you and your sweet baby aboard! 😍

OP
ILSSAH

ILSSAH

Jan 15, 2023
Parrots
Cockatiel
Welcome! Mantis is a cute bird. How old is he? Is he friendly, or does he know any special whistle tunes or tricks?
According to the pet store he (she?) Hatched on July 18, 2022. That would make Mantis just about 6 months old now. I haven't owned Mantis for long; I bought the bird 3 days ago. I've managed to do some target training with positive results. Mantis is a pretty smart bird!

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
Lucky you! You know his hatchday. I have only had one bird whose hatchday I knew. I have had to estimate or assign days.

Yes, Mantis is still in “baby plumage.” If Mantis IS a boy it should get brighter about the head and the belly and under tail should become solid colored.

You have lots of time to potentially teach mantis any tricks. Right now you can just focus on getting to be friends.

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Welcome to you and beautiful Mantis! What a cool name he has:)

I'm so happy you joined us, and I look forward to watching your journey together.

Most Reactions

Latest posts