Group Hug For All Our New Members!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
A Round Of Applause And A Group Hug For All Our New Members!

We’d like to invite you to introduce yourselves and your birds! Here’s a link to our New Members Welcome section

New Members Welcome - Parrot Forum - Parrot Owner's Community

We love photos if you have some to share!

You are all welcome to enter this month’s photo contest!
Don’t be shy! If you need assistance feel free to contact any mod.
Our names are in purple.

Here’s the link to the contest forum:

http://www.parrotforums.com/photo-month-contest/

So glad you joined our community and we hope all of you enjoy your stay!

Allee, Scott, Terry/Terry57 & Anansi/Stephen

Last edited:

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Thank you Allee for creating a warm welcome and one-stop launching pad for new members!

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Great thread, Allee!

A huge welcome to all of our new members! Happy to have you as part of the PF Family:)

Welcome-Picture-DG123302.gif

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
We welcome you all, and not just to say Hi, or post your problems and worries about your parrots - you will get a lot of very good advice from our members. But we like to hear about the happy moments, the WOW never know he/she could do that days, the 'awwwww' moments too!

JValentin

Sep 19, 2019
Thank you for the warm welcome. I am new. From the Northern Cape. Just received my baby this year. He was born 16 April 2019. Right on time for my 40th Bday from my soon to be husband.
It was a dream of mine to have a parrot someday, and now I have my Popeye. He is so amazing.
I had to amputate his toe, after research, and trying everything else we could. But he is now so relieved, he is a different bird.
I always wonder I can give him to eat. Avo and Chocolate I know is a def no. But how many oranges, how many nuts. What is excellent for them. Must I give supplements? What must I give. He is now going through a molting stage. First one. And he is scratching the whole time.
I would like to see other birds behavior to see if mine is normal. But I guess they all have quirky sounds they make and hanging upside downs.

Tami2

Aug 18, 2017
New Jersey
Parrots
Levi - 6 yr old CAG

DOH-4/2/2016
Thank you for the warm welcome. I am new. From the Northern Cape. Just received my baby this year. He was born 16 April 2019. Right on time for my 40th Bday from my soon to be husband.
It was a dream of mine to have a parrot someday, and now I have my Popeye. He is so amazing.
I had to amputate his toe, after research, and trying everything else we could. But he is now so relieved, he is a different bird.
I always wonder I can give him to eat. Avo and Chocolate I know is a def no. But how many oranges, how many nuts. What is excellent for them. Must I give supplements? What must I give. He is now going through a molting stage. First one. And he is scratching the whole time.
I would like to see other birds behavior to see if mine is normal. But I guess they all have quirky sounds they make and hanging upside downs.

Hello JValentin & Welcome! Glad you joined us.

Please tell us more about his toe, I'm so sorry to hear this!

Here is a good thread about nutrition as well as foods to avoid!

http://www.parrotforums.com/parrot-...afe-fresh-foods-toxic-food-lists-sprouts.html

Tami2

Aug 18, 2017
New Jersey
Parrots
Levi - 6 yr old CAG

DOH-4/2/2016
Just seeing this Welcome Thread Allee, it is lovely. :heart:

HEEDLESS

Supporting Member
Nov 9, 2018
Media
US
Parrots
Eclectus: SI. Vosmaeri
"KISE" She was born in Jan, 2018.
"Akashi" He hatched 07/13/2021.

NICE Thread~~~~~ ^_^

Kise and I love GROUP HUGS/KISSES!!!!! To ALL parrot forum members~~~~ ^_^
Thank you!!!!! **Hugs** **CHUUUUUUU*

Kise was 5months old in this pic. ;)
heedless-albums-baby-kise-picture20796-heedless-parrot-canvas.png

Kise is now 20-21 months??? She loves her toys from "Curious Nests"
uVNpRG8GPaT0i6T3xzWNpw4VNWV31iti0tICJEk_dBQ6vTWVkM8itGl7a1jhxum0KcdhhedD-6wwkKvPAbbTlr62Di_EBlgGMWlsmtumwjzpElebVP5Oy8EmC2ue3wC-lLxiyvKqCxdhn1TD1G36H84-fSc4DRUvDl9b7RQBvX83bzSApZPrzujpvOslQCksq0lCkRA7WBS0T3zU90HS8SiwQ11OXpWNm_rrwez5nmdUCzogvIfnbXFZRf_4GgJXAuNrRvCyJriBvrlA3Vwk4jKqcOJAYZjAhrKxr29gTXcZZGwbuhFr-Sssjz900q048w6Udh86ROy0BQv86MyX67cb7Gmu3ou4O2VO6A4DYxpV1ts7EudQMhnGoAa4FtTVvdwTlAj-q6Vc_Ayff_jicDNsPq3ZZU64h5-WxWoC4uhkGpo4mTFkjkmagcPQCr-webXw8QEBEuTQtE41kBjXoGoakYGbEFaeMYLhLlTZcehERDqQdbBCejNjswVAV1p5IwbRpLi7MNHI3HOmS1oTh93xYf-aKR3ExVyRic0BGPa8kDe4XWw_cF4Y9DB3TPn-kV_w3IAHcbZu8Fr3hKM29_97qS8slN-ZUNFk4JnoKvJt9pUtECWUC7qEvwCi8ELSxUZco1SteCS5eS4_qSLrgI6Hgb4aLU4K83SjxlZWCJltKImMQFdZXCELRd94nWSnhC-O6zzs02lXugGGcS83RY8lCkVGgiUaL8kbw8eguC6cqozKhQ=w1415-h874-no

OgYBVgBCjUxA8o5qAMYPCZf2HN7Wj3GiNAOZ5aJ_nv2Laz6FPfNcV3gevEU6mwZsHi7-qiDgNtb3jFDaV3IEDfoRg5Ivwtg6S0SfNG_njXRPWaNNRbSuU6VbMEa_FxraqESQ5WJ-mqUEfoLRIwmLplATjSrMMeK-e9a4bTicHJ_WIE0jvIjKvXSQR1PDLrVPcnE6U6kBpIjo4Z0NyC4PwW-iW-Iby_xq7zqihpGL1dej8tHo1E0gmapYjwyACNIU4Hzhw6SOEmCmfWVgGOba_fIgtBVcJZql5CLQiXML02Ex11pS0-sdBJlJyi0mhGJMWApU07Y7nyrqoB7b9Or0UadTVj2N2ssDdrmkdcfAsexyzPh2eI-K9Z66IY0DzYiZo7BALpoSmNuYJwFDt4DCPzpgsyIQYj3tU_nZPc9FFohLeFqq0VQlOBgOpAXHmJwbgEIe-ETSCezrK72O26u6YiUYWQxQ4nZHywKJdr77mwp12GfNN_L5yyXq5B6pJkTh-Q9iWSurkvC1Q8ugVPdzPgiVMhR0QoX0setLxVesUYV8x6a3beesE_CxrbG9E70PfbLf1ErPY8HMB10AU3cLWq-zJRtIl024BrTNAqHp09ahqmyBik7i87DSXwEjdHkfV6LX3kIyEHSRoGdu99xxCYL8urg_QUMRiqFm47yR9lF9A-UjoL2WI1o8U62_TwX5V_Qga4FiV0NzSfHdXNdktpDGipNMoCdT57QG_QLsuPI99pe8Sw=w1415-h1192-no

TnTHold

Oct 8, 2019
Glad to join everyone here, we have a 16 yr old umbrella too we rehomed to our family 9-11-18 and love him dearly

EmilyGims

Dec 11, 2019
New York
Parrots
cockatoo
Nice to meet you! I'm so glad I've found your forum. I've already managed to view several posts. I can’t wait to get home from a business trip to share a photo of my cockatoos - Robin and Angelica)

furandfeathers

Dec 12, 2019
So. Calif
Parrots
Albino Cockatiel, Blue Fronted Conure, Dusky Conure, Green Cheek Conure, and a Sunny, who heartbreakingly, passed in July.

Your baby is lovely! I have used ProFeda as a suppliment during molting. It really seemed to help with the irritability and their feathers become very healthy.

apkomar

Feb 13, 2014
upstate NY
Parrots
Kwaxi, a male Blue-Front Amazon , 18yrs. old (as of 2020)
I am new here so I guess you got lots of answers. One thing - I found givingmy amazon a shower makes him not scratch. I live in upstate ny and in winter the dry heat in my house dries us all out. So, I keep a cool air humidifier in his room (not blowing directly on him) and give him showers. I fill up a water bottle with a spray head (the finest spray I can get). Use hot water, by the time it hits him, it will have cooled off in the air. Then I point it over his head so that the arc is such that it falls down on him like rain. Don't point it directly at him. I worked him up to this gently and ask him if he's ready for a shower or bath. He loves it, spins around so that his underwings get all wet and every part of his body is dripping. I make sure the room is warm and don't do it too late at night so that he thoroughly dries out before he goes to sleep. I always tried to do it in the morning and made him flap his wings a bit. But he does that naturally and he'll shake the water off. He fluffs up and looks like he has a punk hair/feather do. He loves coming into my shower with me. I have a perch for him there. But Ill do it on top of his cage or large ring stand. I hope this is helpful. If you knew this all. Well, that's great and I wish you luck with your new family member!

mrsmerc

Aug 25, 2020
Media
Hi all. I have GCC that is still a young bird, about 6 months. He's a real sweetie pie and we love him. His name is Kiwi 2, named after our first GCC that was lost and never found. Not my choice of name but husband wanted it! We are retired and live in Palm Coast, FL. Our youngest adult daughter lives with us. And Minnie Mouse, our old toy rat terrier/chihuahua that we've had for 13 years. Thank you for allowing me to join.

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Hello, and welcome to the forum! Glad you found us. Looking forward to hearing about life with Kiwi. I think Kiwi is a cute name for a bird, however, it is a popular one.

BTW, if you'd like to share, we love pictures here :)

AParrotPrincess

Sep 8, 2020
Texas
Hi everyone! I am so so SO excited to have joined this forum! I just joined today and I am so looking forward to meeting everyone here and seeing everyone's feathered family!

AParrotPrincess

Sep 8, 2020
Texas
awww I love hearing about your amazon bathing ! How sweet! Amazons have such spicy personalities, I just love them...I am sure you do too! Have a great day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most Reactions

Latest posts